Relax

Peter walked in between Bucky and Sam. He glanced at Sam who looked like he was slightly in pain. Peter grabbed his jacket slightly.

Sam looked at the kid and stopped walking. Bucky stopped and looked at him. He frowned as he walked over to him. "You okay?" Sam stumbled slightly and winced. "I... I need a break." Peter quickly took him over to a table outside of a restaurant and sat him down.

Bucky squatted down in front of him and looked at him worried. "What's going on?" Sam looked at the two, signing cause he knew he couldn't get out of this.

"I'm overworking myself..." he said tiredly. Peter looked at Bucky. Bucky nodded as he stood. Bucky took his glove off and pulled Sam up. "Peter, call us a hotel. We're not flying right now."

Sam winced. "No... we need to go-"

"Sam. Shut up just for once and let m- us take care do you." Bucky said he supported Sam as he stood. Sam looked at him and sighed.

"Fine..." he said. The fatigue and pain he was feeling randomly came over him, but the doctor did say this would happen.

Peter got a taxi and motioned them over. Bucky helped Sam into the back. "Kid, up front and as the man for directions to the closest hotel." Peter nodded and got out front.

Bucky held Sam protectively as they drove off to the hotel. Sam gripped Buckys hand as another wave of pain came over him. Bucky glanced at him and squeezed his hand back gently.

"Sir, what's the hotel?" Bucky said as he pulled out Sams phone. The driver told him and Bucky quickly called and booked them a room. "Peter Youre gonna check us in when we get there so they don't see Sam like this."

Peter nodded as the guy pulled up. Bucky helped Sam out and pulled his hood over his head gently. Sam looked at Bucky tiredly.

Bucky had a worried expression on his face which Sam hardly would see. "Thanks... James." Sam said. Bucky looked at him surprised by the thanks.

"You don't need to thank me." He lowered his hood as he walked into the hotel with Sam. Peter handed them the keys. The trio quickly made it up to their room.

Sam stumbled but Bucky got him to where he needed to be. They all took their disguises off and helped Sam get comfortable.

Bucky looked at Sam worried as he leaned against the wall. Sam was asleep the moment he hit the pillow. Peter sighed as he quickly noticed there was only one bed.

"The-"

"I know there's one bed. You two share the bed, I got the couch." Bucky said as he took his hoodie off and let his hair down. Peter was about to protest when Bucky looked at the kid automatically knowing what he was going to protest about.

Peter just sighed. "Fine..." he glanced at Sam and adjusted the blanket that was on him. Bucky grabbed a water from the fridge. "You worry about him don't you?" Bucky said to Peter.

Peter looked at Bucky and nodded slightly. "Yeah... um. Can I tell you a secret?" He said to Bucky.

"Sure." Bucky said as he sat down. "I know it's been a short amount of time that I've been with you guys but... you guys are like... Um... uh. Parents to me."

Bucky choked on his water. Peter got flustered. "Y-youre good kid- just don't put me in that equation." He coughed slightly.

"Why not?" Peter asked.

Bucky looked at the kid. "I don't deserve to be anyone's 'parent' honestly." He said as he got up to throw away the water bottle.

"Sam would agree with me." Peter said as he pulled out the Nintendo switch he had. Bucky kinda glanced at the kid.

"Huh..." he just closed the curtains and went over to Peter and took his switch and turned it off. "Sleep kiddo... you need it for our trip tomorrow okay?"

Peter just nodded and went under the covers. "Goodnight Bucky." He said as he started to sleep. Bucky went on the couch and laid down.

Sam shifted in his sleep but jolted up. He held his head as he woke up from his nightmare. It was Riley falling again. He hated it.

He noticed the room they were in. "Ah... a hotel." He got out of bed but winced as he felt sore.

He went over to the window and peered out, seeing the city lights and cars driving by. He saw Peter sleeping next to where he was which made him feel at peace.

He turned and saw Bucky sleeping on the couch. He sighed in annoyance but wasn't surprised. He walked over to him and covered him in a blanket, but Bucky jolted up awake.

Sam stumbled slightly but caught himself. Bucky saw Sam. "Hey... you okay?" He said getting up quickly. "Yes... I'm alright. You?"

Bucky shrugged. "Alright... um. Wanna sit with me?" Sam nodded and sat back in the chair and relaxed. Bucky watched him but turned his gaze away.

"So... um..." Sam said.

"Yeah..." Bucky said. He knew exactly where this conversation was going to go.

"You're not bad at kissing." Sam said casually. Bucks cheeks turned red. Not what he was expecting at all. He was expecting 'don't do that again...' or 'ew! Disgusting!!

"I-oh! Okay... thank you." Bucky said. Sam chuckled.

"Not what you expecting?" Sam said planning to tease the man based on his response.

Bucky though was thinking back to WWII. "Yeah.. I um... I remember kissing a guy as a joke on a dare in the war, he was fine with it but he proceeded to harass me."

"And by harass you mean get beat up right?" Sam said as he looked at him. Bucky nodded.

"Well... don't worry. I wouldn't punch you okay? Even if you kissed me again." He chuckled. Bucky chuckled. The man pulled his hoodie on and made sure to cover his face.

"Why do you do that?" Sam asked curiously as he sat up. Bucky leaned his head back and looked at him. "Do what?"

"You pull on your hoodie, especially when I look at you." Bucky was surprised he noticed. "I- um..." he sighed.

"It means I get flustered or embarrassed." Bucky said. Sam now thought this was the cutest thing in the world. Sam raised a brow and smirked.

He moved his face close to his. "So like when we kissed?" Sam said as Bucky  looked at him in surprise.

Sam just looked at him. "Damn it..." he sighed. He was getting flustered. "What...?" Bucky said.

Sam looked at him. He leaned forward and stopped. he just sighed. "Just go to sleep..." Bucky froze slightly. He quickly grabbed Sams arm.

"W-why do you do this to me, Sam...." Bucky said he took his hoodie , showing how flustered he was. Sam just looked at.

"I- I'm not good at this. Not at all... and if you want it to mean something, it doesn't have to. Just..." he chuckled. "...Stop torturing me."

Sam was shocked. He sighed, "We don't talk about this in the morning to the kid. Understood?" Bucky nodded.

Sam moved closer to him and kissed him. He touched the side of his neck as Bucky kissed him back, being less confident than he was on the escalator.

Bucky wrapped his metal arm around him and kept him close as Sam broke the kiss. Bucky and Sam were flustered.

Sam looked at him. "How was that?" Bucky chuckled nervously. He kissed him again and smiled. "Pretty great..." he rubbed his neck.

"Um... what do we call this?" Bucky asked.

"What do you want to call it Bucky?" Bucky thought. "Um... maybe a moment. Just a moment we don't talk about again?"

"That's good with me." Sam said as he touched his hair slightly.

"Good?" Bucky verified.

"Good."