Reveal

Natasha woke up and sat up slowly. Maria was awake reading, with a half asleep Peter latched onto her. He had been having nightmares so she helped the kid out.

Natasha looked at her. "Thanks... hes... he's been like that for a bit." She said as she pulled her legs over the side of her bed, to attempt to walk again.

"It's alright... he was just like you when we brought you into SHIELD." Maria said. Natasha stopped slightly and thought back to when she was first brought to SHIELD. She was a scared girl who had no family, no friends, and hardly knew her mind.

She glanced at Peter, faintly seeing that same kid through him. She turned her gaze to her legs and clenched her fists as she stood up. Pain shot through her side but she just started to force herself to move around.

Maria was surprised by this, but watched her closely instead of rushing over to help her get around. Natasaha needed this bit of freedom to keep herself sane, so, she just kept watch from a distance.

Natasha walked over to the bathroom and washed her face.

Maria was looking at her phone when she saw something on the news pop up. She pressed it and frowned. She carefully got up, making sure to avoid Peter, and ran over to the bathroom.

"Nat..." Natasha looked at her. She saw the news article. She held the phone.

"Evidence given by an anonymous source proves that... Quentin Beck is responsible for the murder of May Parker... the rumored Aunt of Spider-Man.." Natasha looked at Maria.

"This... this is bad." Natasha said. Maria nodded as she immediately walked out and pulled on her jacket. "I'm heading to SHIELD... I have to get Fury reading about this. You take care of-" she stopped when she saw Peter sitting on his phone with the most pained look on his face.

Natasha ran over and took his phone from him. He was reading the article. He got up but Maria stopped him. "I know how you're feeling... you need to calm down..."

"How can I calm down when the guy who killed my aunt is out there!?" He shoved past her, but Natasha stood in front of him. Sam and Bucky started to wake up.

"Peter... revenge isn't the way to do this..." Natasha said. Peter teared up looking at her.

"H-he killed my aunt..." she hugged and sighed. "I know..." Sam woke up before Bucky and looked at Maria. She showed him the news article. Sam frowned at the sight of Mysterio shooting May. He turned the device off and looked at Maria.

"Where are you going..."

"To SHIELD." She said as she started to walk out. "We're gonna solve this the legal way so that he doesn't get exposed and or arrested. If anyone is going to kill Mysterio, it's going to be SHIELD. Peter can't go until we have an order."

She rushed out and went down to her car.

Peter went into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He pulled his knees up to his face. Sam sighed as he got up. He walked over to the door and knocked carefully. Peter didn't answer.

Sam grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He slowly lowered himself onto the floor and wrote something on the paper.

- what are you feeling right now?

He slid it under the door along with the pen.

A few moments later, Peter slid it back under to Sam read it to himself. He teared up as he glanced at the door.

- I feel like I'm being torn apart. Whenever I feel like I'm getting better, something bad always happens and it's killing me... why can't I just be happy?

Sam wrote something down.

- can you come out?

He slid it back under.

A few minutes went by and Peter opened the door and came out. Natasha hugged him. Peter hid his head and teared up.

Sam sat down in the bed.

Things were spiraling again.

Maria walked into SHIELD and went into Fury's office. He was on the phone getting a team ready. She sat at his desk as he paced around on the phone.

She start creating a team on his computer for him.

Natasha Romanoff
James Buchanan Barnes
Maria Hill
Alexander Garner

She looked at Sams icon. She knew he would want to be on the mission, but he's sick. Really sick, and this mission could kill him. She looked at Peters icon.

If anyone died on the mission, she didn't want him to be there to witness it.

Fury walked over as he hung up. "Put Sam on there..." fury said.

She looked at him concerned. "Are you sure... he's really sick." He showed her a message from Sam.

Captain: put me on the mission.

"If he won't learn now, he will most definitely learn out there." Fury said as he pulled his coat on. Maria nodded and added him to the team.

"We have the okay to go after him?" Maria said as she send the mission details to everyone in the team.

"We have permission to go get him and bring him back. Dead or alive, but the president prefers him to be alive." She nodded as she started to walk out.

"Maria..." fury said. She turned and looked at him. A look of concern on his face. One she wasn't used to.

"Yes..." she said.

"Please be careful. As you know, he's associated with Hydra now. He will not be gentle, and do not assume he is alone." Fury said. She nodded.

"Got it." She walked out ahead of him. She had to go pick up one of her agents.

"Alright class! What is 2 + 2?" Alexander said to his students. He pointed at a raised hand. A little girl with blue eyes and curly hair.

"Four!" Alexander clapped.

"Correct! Perfect-" he looked at the door and saw Maria standing there, her badge showing.

"Alex." She said. He frowned.

"Yes Maria?"

"We have another assignment for you." A woman walked in Ahead of her. "Here's your substitute."

He frowned and handed the sub the class plan. He waved to his class and walked out hearing the groans of disappointment.

"This better be important to interrupt me in the middle of my class..." he said in annoyance.

"Hydra." She said.

He chuckled as he adjusted his jacket. "It is important."