Quiet

It was still raining the next morning. The sound of rain echoed throughout the room. Sam groaned in pain as he sat up. His side was in pain and his nose was bleeding.

Oh how he hated being unwell. He grabbed a tissue and wiped his nose as he looked out the window. He stumbled slightly but ignored it.

He really didn't feel well. He couldn't stand up straight, he felt weak and felt like his body was fighting him. "Dang..." he grumbled quietly.

He walked over to the door and went downstairs. He glanced into Buckys room and saw him asleep with a sleeping Peter next to him. Sam walked over and looked at him.

Bucky was deep asleep. He looked comfortable which made a soft smile come across his face. Sam leaned forward and kissed the top of Buckys head and walked to the kitchen.

He started to brew some tea as his phone rang. Sam pulled it out and answered as he poured water into the kettle.

"You know... you two reallyyy pissing me off." Sam stopped and turned. "Mysterio?"

"Who else would it be?" The man said annoyed over the phone. Sam gripped the phone.

"Just leave us alone... we aren't giving you the kid." Sam said as he walked out into the living room.

"Oh... I know. So I'm taking him." Before Sam could react the window was crashed into by operatives who worked for Mysterio.

Bucky woke up and immediately protected the kid, but Bucky was tranquilized. He stumbled but still fought the other operatives. He fell as a guy held a gun at his head.

Sam tackled the guy and yelled at Peter to run. Sam was slammed into the wall and a gun pointed at his chest.

Dr. Raynor came down and was shot in the shoulder unexpectedly. Bucky had a gun pointed at his head as Mysterio walked in. "Hey Peter..."

The boy had tears welling up in his eyes. Dr. Raynor motioned for the boy to run. "G-go..." she mumbled as she laid on the ground.

"You run, I kill them all right now..." he said. Bucky winced and kicked the guy with the gun away from him but Mysterio snapped his fingers and showed all the drones pointed at him specifically.

"Like I was saying... you run. Bucky dies, Sam dies, and so does this old lady." He said.

Peter looked at Sam. "R-run..." sam said as he looked at the boy. Peter smiled sadly at Sam and walked towards Mysterio.

"P-please... let them go. I can't lose anyone else.." he said as his voice broke under the pressure. "NO!" Sam yelled out. Peter looked at Sam and smiled through his pain.

"I-I'm Sorry..." Mysterio motioned for everyone to leave. Bucky fell to the ground. The tranquilizer numbed his body.

Sam ran over to Dr. Raynor who was trying her best to put pressure on her gunshot wound. She looked at him tiredly. "First time getting shot... wouldn't recommend it."

Sam just applied more pressure. She gripped his wrist as he did. "Bucky! Call 911!" Bucky nodded and grabbed his phone.

"W-why'd you tell the kid to go?" Sam said trying to keep her awake. She chuckled tiredly.

"He needs a break..."

Soon an ambulance arrived and she was taken to the hospital. She forced the two to hide since they were currently wanted by the government.

Bucky and Sam stood in the destroyed office wondering what the hell they were going to do. Sam felt miserable and Bucky felt like he failed.

"What... what do we do..." Bucky asked. Sam teared up slightly. "I... I have no idea." Bucky noticed and got up. He went over to him and lifted his head up.

"Hey, all we need to do is get the kid back. We need to stay focused. Okay?" Sam looked at him and nodded slightly.

Bucky pulled him up and sighed. He tossed him a sweater. Sam caught it and pulled it on. "Also... I think I need to go to the hospital."

Bucky looked at him. "Is it cause of your illness?" He said worried.

"Yeah.. this morning I woke up with a bloody nose. I just..." he sighed. "I feel really weak right now." Bucky walked over to him and fixed Sams hood on him. "You're not weak... you're stronger than ever. Understand?"

"Says the guy who doesn't have cancer."

"And?" Bucky said. He wrapped and arm around him and lead him outside. Sam sighed tiredly and just leaned his head against him as they walked. "Let's take the bus."

Bucky put his hat on and pulled his hoodie on. He held Sam do the same. The two sat down. Sam winced slightly and just leaned against Bucky. Bucky stayed still so he'd stay comfortable.

"Sam..." Bucky said as it started to rain again.

"Hm?" Sam mumbled as he looked at him slightly. "Thanks for making me feel human again." Bucky said as he watched the rain. Sam just chuckled and patted his back.

"That was all you man... all you." Sam said. His hand lingered on his back but he pulled it away and sat up. He felt really light headed.

Bucky glanced at him and then looked ahead. "I don't mind you leaning on me. You're tired. Rest. Don't be so stubborn."

Sam chuckled. "I'm stubborn? Funny." He leaned his head on him and rested his eyes.

Bucky kept and arm around him, being protective of him at the moment. He knew Sam could take care of him but he just wanted to protect him.

Sam was very independent but sometimes Bucky just wished that independence would just go away for a second so Sam could talk about his issues.

Bucky couldn't say anything though cause he did the Same thing. He glanced at Sam and saw he was finally asleep.

Maybe these were the only times he would see Sam let loose. Bucky turned slightly and kissed his head gently.

"Rest up, Cap."