Remembering

Everyone was at dinner laughing and talking. Dr. Raynor, MJ, Ned, Flash, Aunt May, every was there Celebrating the fact that Parker graduated. They were eating New York style pizza, soda, and desserts.

Sam was looking out the window. He was thinking about his encounter from earlier. The situation felt so... familiar.

He was lost in thought until Someone touched his shoulder. He jumped slightly when he saw Dr. Raynor. "You okay?" She asked him.

He nodded slightly. "Yeah... having an interesting day" he said tiredly. She noticed his exhaustion and the bruise on his neck.

"Sam... where did this bruise come from?" She said as she sat down next to him. He touched his neck slightly. "I um... had a scuffle with some random guy and he uh... grabbed my neck." Dr. Raynor frowned.

"You need to be careful okay?" She said. He nodded. She then slid him a file. He took it and opened it.

"These are all the sightings of the Winter Soldier in the past week." Sam read through them. He stopped at one location.

"Louisiana?" He looked at her. "He was in New Orleans until he went completely off the radar, which means-"

"Which means he wanted Shield to find him...." he said as he looked at the folder. He then realized. The person who assaulted him in the parking.

"Bucky... that... he looks completely different from what the Winter Soldier used to look like..." he said in shock. Sam got up from the table and went outside.

He took a deep breath and sat down. He had been looking for him for awhile and now... here he is. Sam teared up faintly but they were happy tears.

As he sat alone, Peter came out and sat right down next to him. "So... what's up?" Peter said. Sam sat up and handed him the file. Peter looked through it.

His eyes widened. "He's alive..." Sam nodded. "He's alive... we can get him." Sam said with a smile. Peter smiled as well.

"Yes we can. Wanna go tomorrow." Peter asked him.

"What about your party?" Sam said with a bit of surprise in his voice. "This party can wait... we need to get home, and rest so we can be ready to go tracking him down."

Sam smiled softly. "You're a good kid."

"Thanks dad-" Peter got flustered. Sam looked at I'm in surprise. "Dad?" Sam said. Peter became An embarrassed mess.

"Ah- um! Sorry I'll go-" he got up but Sam grabbed his arm.

"Kid, you're good. If you want to call me that, go right on ahead." Peter looked at him surprised. He smiled and pulled Sam up.

"Alright then, let's head in and say our goodbyes." Peter said. Sam smiled softly and nodded. "Sounds good."

The Winter Soldier sat in his cell staring outside the small window. The only color in the room was from the sky.

The blue shade becoming The Soldiers favorite color Over time. He didn't remember the name of the color though, so he called it Sky.

He went on a mission to track Sam. And he found him, but they called him Captain America.  Winter soldier had stolen a photo from the file.

It was a picture torn in half. It had Sam smiling with someone but the person was torn out of the picture. He held the photo in his hand.

"Sam..." the only word coming to mind.

Madam Hydra walked into his cell. "Winter Soldier, can you tell me about the mission?" She said as he tucked the picture under his leg. He just handed her a written report.

She raised a brow. "I wonder why you don't talk anymore." She said as she read through the file. She noticed a doctor on file was tracking him.

"Dr. Raynor... she works for Shield now? Just perfect... which means she's talking to Sam for sure." She said.

Winter Soldier looked at her. "Sam." He said. She looked at him and frowned. "So you can speak..." she lowered the folder as she looked at him.

"Do you remember Sam?" He shook his head. She nodded. "Is it because you remember him from the mission?"

He nodded his head once. She smiled and nodded. "Good. Get some rest. You're gonna be leaving again tomorrow." She said as she walked out.

He pulled out the picture and looked out the window again. He watched a bird fly by the window.

A sensation he hadn't felt in a long time came to him.

He wanted to be free. He looked around the room looking for a way to leave. He thought, he'd have to wait for his mission tomorrow.

The mission of a large magnitude, so he knew, he was going to gain the attention of this Sam person. He planned on taking advantage of the chaos to try and talk to him, if he could, just for a second.

He prepared his uniform for the next day. He was ready. The memories he knew he had, were tied to the man in the picture.

For the first time in a long time he felt a tinge of hope, and excitement.

He stood there and nodded as he packed everything and laid down.

Sadly, his mission was an assassination. The assassination of the Shield Director, Nick Fury. He thought he recognized the name.

He just closed his eyes and went sleep. Not one dream or a nightmare. Just simply, nothing.

Sam woke up the next morning. He pulled on his uniform as Peter came down stairs in his new nanotech Spider-Man suit. "Ready to Go kid? Quinjets in the yard."

Peter chuckled as he pressed a button and his mask covered his face. "Sounds good. I'm assuming we're going to the avengers ceremony in NYC?"

He said as he walked out with Sam. Sam nodded and put the shield on his back. "Of course."

Peter nodded. "Ready for an uneventful meeting with world leaders?"

Sam laughed. "It won't be uneventful."