Parting

Sam dodged an attack with the shield.

He threw the shield and took out some drones as he caught it. Peter shot taser webs and shocked the drones.

Mysterio raised his hand and the drones all rushed Peter. "Edith! Activated instant kill!" Peter said as he got shot.

His eyes turned red and started taking out drones. Sam threw his shield at Mysterio. He got hit and fell but got up. He kicked the shield to the side. "You know... Sammy. I took James for a reason. He's your big gun, heavy hitter, your trump card."

He ran at Sam and punched him. "And you're weakened due to your cancer." Sam blocked a hit and winced. He felt his body starting to fight him as he moved.

"H-how do you know about that." He said as he caught Mysterios wrist and kicked him away from him. His file was confidential.

"Paid a couple people, shot someone, I have methods." Mysterio smirked. Sam frowned as he felt his nose bleeding.

He really needed rest. If he had the rest he needed, this fight wouldn't be so hard.

Sam turned his head as he got punched to the ground. Sam winced as he pulled himself up. Mysterio laughed and kicked him again.

"Are you're supposed to be Captain America?! What a sad sad excuse, mr. red white and blue." He said in a condescending tone.

He kicked Sam in the side multiple times. Sam couldn't get up. His cancer was getting worse and it was getting worse right now.

Sams heart raced as he gritted his teeth. His nose bleed was getting worse. Mysterio pointed a gun at his head. "Good bye captai-"

Mysterio flew back as someone stood in front of Sam. Sam looked over and his eyes widened. "Bucky..." Bucky panted as he stumbled slightly. "T-touch him again... I'll kill you."

Mysterio winced. He could hardly get up. Peter webbed him to a car before he could get up. Bucky immediately went over to Sam.

Sam gritted his teeth as he gripped Buckys arm. "Hey.. hey.." Bucky said and he handed Him a cloth from his pocket. Sam coughed hard as he did.

"Thanks..." Sam said as Peter landed over by them. Bucky was about to pick up Sam when the drones all appeared.

Peters eyes widened. "Shit..."

Bucky clenched his fists and stood protectively in front of the two. He wasn't going to let anything happen to the two of them.

Mysterio yanked his arm out of the webbing and chuckled. "You guys... you guys aren't bad at your job. But you guys have one issue. You guys fight to win, I fight to kill, and win of course." He smirked.

"So, you three have three options. I either take the evidence and the kid goes to jail for a long time, two, I kill one of you and I'll be officially painted the villain, and, I kill all three of you and I take over the country."

Peter looked at Sam. Bucky didn't want the kid to be in jail for something he didn't do, and he didn't want to give Mysterio the evidence.

Killing one of them didn't guarantee their safety. It didn't guarantee he would leave who ever didn't die alone, and killing all three of them wasn't an option. Bucky needed a compromise.

"I have another deal..." Bucky said. Sam watched him closely. "Buck..."

"What if, we give up one of ourselves instead of you killing one of us, and in return you leave the remaining two alone." Bucky said. Sams eyes widened. "No..."

Mysterio raised a brow. "And which one of you three are you offering?" He said as he crossed his arms.

Bucky chuckled. "Who else... myself. I'm a fully trained assassin, can speak over ten languages, expert in espionage, assassinations, among other things, and..." Bucky clenched his fists.

"I'm... I'm quite the useful weapon when I'm... brainwashed." Mysterio thought. "Hm... not a bad offer..."

Sam grabbed buckys arm tightly. "Don't you dare... do this." Bucky removed his hand from his arm and looked at Mysterio.

"Deal?" Bucky said extending his hand to him. Mysterio smirked and nodded. He took his hand and shook it. Sam got up but stumbled forward. Bucky turned and caught him.

Sam winced and gripped his shoulder. "Don't do this... please." Bucky smiled sadly and hugged him. "I have to... and plus.." he pulled from the hug.

"I know you'll find me." Bucky pressed a pressure point on his neck. Sam stumbled and passed out. He handed him to Peter.

"Take care of him for me. Okay?" Bucky said. Peter teared up under his mask and nodded. Bucky turned and looked at Mysterio. He was going to live through his nightmare... again.

He took a deep breath and walked towards him.

The only difference here, is that he had a choice.

The nightmare.

Bucky dying in front of him.

Bucky walking away to Mysterio.

Sam shot awake and looked around. He saw that he was in a hospital room. Sarah, Dr. Raynor and Peter were asleep by his bed. He saw his suit on his chair.

"R-redwing... activate." He said. The red machine floated up into the air and went over to him. "Scan for the biometrics of James Buchanan Barnes..." he said with sadness in his voice.

Redwing went outside and scanned the entire city.

"No James Buchanan Barnes spotted." Sam held his head and teared up. "Deactivate..." he covered his face and tried not to cry.

He hadn't felt this heartbroken than the day he watched Riley die in front of him. He felt like he saw his boyfriend die again...

He looked up and stared out the window. He told himself if it wasn't for his stupid illness he wouldn't be in this situation but it would've had the same result anyways...

He leaned his head back and sighed. "I'm so sorry Bucky." He covered his face again.

"Please.... forgive me, Buck."