Evenings

Mysterio sat in his base watching the news. He hasn't spotted or found the group he was looking for. He couldn't even find Dr. Raynor.

He stood and sighed. "This... this is getting annoying..." he said as he looked around. He sighed and turned on his drones.

He send them out. "Find them... now."

Bucky and Sam got home when it was dark that night. Bucky helped Sam inside. He wasn't doing well at the moment but he was still happy about their kiss.

The house was dark. "Do you need me to make you some tea?" Bucky said as he took his coat off. His hair was soaked from the rain, and Sam was just drenched in water.

"Ah, yes please. That would be amazing... and maybe a warm shower?" Sam said as he took his shoes off.

Bucky nodded and went to run the shower for him. Sam sat down tiredly as the lights turned on. Dr. Raynor was sitting there with Peter. She didn't look too pleased.

"Why were you out so late?" Peter said worried. Bucky came back over and wrapped a towel around Sam. "Showers going for yah, I'll get your meds and tea ready." He said as he went upstairs to change.

Peter watched the interaction. "You know what... I approve that." He said as he got up and went to his room. Dr. Raynor walked over to Sam.

"Heads up next time okay?" Sam nodded as she went to her room. Sam got up and went over to Bucky who was now in the kitchen. The two had decided to keep things under wraps from the other two for safety reasons.

Bucky looked at him. "You okay?" He said as kissed his head. Sam nodded. "Just tired... and in pain." He said as he leaned his head against Buck.

"Go take your shower and then head up to bed. I'll bring you your tea okay?" Sam nodded and headed to the bathroom. Sam closed the door and looked at himself in the mirror.

He just sighed and got ready for the shower.

After a bit he made his way up to his room to get into bed. He laid down and sighed as he stared at the ceiling. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in..." Sam said. Bucky came in quietly with a cup of tea in his hands. "I brought your tea." He said as he put it on his side table.

Sam looked at him and smiled softly. "Thank you..." he sat up but winced slightly. Bucky helped him. "Do you want me to call Sarah and tell her you're gonna be going over there instead of the mission?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good." Bucky nodded as handed him his tea. Sam sipped in as Bucky got up. "Well... I'll be heading to bed." Sam nodded as he watched him.

"See you tomorrow." Sam said with a faint smile. Bucky kissed his cheek and walked out. Sam sipped a bit more of his tea and put it on the table and just laid down tiredly.

A few hours went by that night. Sam woke up from a nightmare and he was in pain. "A-agh..." he gripped his side as he tried to sit up. He felt for his phone but it fell off the bed. "Shit..." he said.

He got up and stumbled to his door. His nose was bleeding too. "What a night..." he mumbled in annoyance.

As he stumbled his door opened and it was Bucky. Bucky helped him downstairs without questioning anything. He sat him down and handed him a towel and got his meds ready.

"Here." He said as he ran over. Sam took them and sighed. "I hate this..." he said as he sat on the couch. Bucky nodded, knowing he hated it. "I know...." Bucky covered him with a blanket. "Get some sleep down here okay..." he started to head upstairs to give Sam some space.

Sams nose stopped bleeding finally. "Just gonna leave me here?" He said with a tired chuckle. Bucky looked at him. "Didn't know you wanted company."
He said as he walked back over.

"Listen here barnes... when a guy you like is ill you tend to stay with them." He said with a chuckle.

"Trust me I know Wilson, you're just different from the guys I usually like." He said as he sat down. Sam chuckled but winced as he did. Bucky realized that maybe sitting up wasn't comfortable for him.

Bucky adjusted himself and motioned for Sam to laid down next to him. Sam did and laid against his arm. He almost fell asleep immediately.

Bucky covered the two of them in a blanket as it started to rain outside. Bucky listened to it rain as Sam started to fall asleep. Bucky looked at him and kissed his head as he started to hum a forties song.

Sam fell asleep listening to him. Bucky kept Sam close protectively. He wished he could fight this for Sam so that he could keep him safe but, not all fights are physical or fights you can see.

Bucky fell asleep soon after.

The entire night, neither one woke up in pain or had a nightmare.

The next morning Peter woke up and stumbled downstairs quietly, assuming no one else was awake. He walked into the living room to get to the kitchen and stopped. He squinted when he saw Sam and Bucky on the couch asleep.

He then ran back upstairs and dragged down Dr. Raynor. "What are you-" she saw them. She smiled softly and sighed. She took a picture of the two and smiled. "About time..."

Mysterios drones came back. He read the data report and smirked. "Ah... you've found them." He put his tablet down and pulled on a coat. "Maybe, I'll take care of this myself... be a little gruesome about it?"

He pulled a hat on and grabbed a bag full of tools.

"Let's kill a spider, and maybe an assassin."