Realization

Sam ran into the office. He was worried out of his mind because of Buck. The man fell out of a building and was acting like that's casual.

He walked over to a Doctor Raynor who was sitting by her office door, typing something on her computer. "Is he okay?" Sam said as he walked over.

She looked at him. She peeked into the room and then guided Sam outside. "The kids got superhearing." Raynor said. She sighed.

"You two need to talk..." she said. Sam raised a brow.

"We did though." Sam said as he looked at her.

"Yeah.. uh huh. You really thought he told you everything? He's learned selective speak. He tells you parts of the problem but never the whole thing or the main thing..." she said.

Sam friend but nodded. "Alright..."

She motioned him inside and went into Her office where Bucky was sleeping. Sam saw a pained look on his face. He turned his head.

Dr. Raynor went over to Bucky and woke him up carefully. "Bucky... come on." He woke up with a jolt but relaxed as he sat up.

"Bucky, Your friend Sam is here. I was wondering if you two would be willing to have just one therapy session together." Bucky looked hesitant to the request.

"You can say no." She said. Bucky glanced at Sam and then nodded. She nodded as well and motioned to Sam to sit with Bucky.

She sat on her chair and placed her notebook on the ground under her chair. "Bucky, I want you to start off... how did you feel about last nights accident." Bucky looked at the ceiling.

"Doc he does-" Sam didn't want to force him but he was more shocked when Bucky started to talk.

"I thought I was going to die... I thought I was at the end of my line. I felt a tinge of happiness that it was all ending, but I felt an immense fear that I was going to end up back in the hands of Hydra." He said as he sat up straight.

"But then, the thoughts that I believe kept me alive was wondering if you were alright Sam. Wondering if you made it out of your illusion. That's all I could think about when the ambulance arrived... but when I saw you my mind went quiet. All the fear disappeared and I knew I was going to be okay." He stopped talking and looked at Sam.

Sam got up. He walked over to him and hugged him tightly. Dr. Raynor was surprised by the affection, but more surprised that Bucky was okay with this. She just smiled softly

Bucky hugged him back tightly. "I won't ever... ever let you fall again." Sam said as hugged him. Bucky chuckled and looked at him. "It's okay if you don't but thank you."

There was a look of affection in Buckys eyes that Dr. Raynor had never seen on this mans face. Sam messed up his hair. "Finish your session." Sam nodded to Dr. Raynor and left.

Bucky sat down and looked at her. She had a smirk on her face. "Bucky?" He turned his head, his ears and cheeks turning red.

"You're flustered? Never thought I'd see the day." She chuckled. He shrugged.

"He does that, probably to me only." He said with a weak chuckle. She chuckled as she took out her notebook and wrote two words.

He watched her. "What are you writing?"

"Bucky, how do you feel about Sam?" She said as she looked up from her notebook. He looked surprised by the question.

"Um... I feel like he's an amazing person, Captain America and such." He said starting to fidget with his metal arm.

"Okay, let me rephrase the question. How does Sam make you feel." Bucky looked confused like he didn't know how to answer.

"Okay, how about this. We place a game. I say something and you blurt out the first word that comes to mind.okay?" Bucky thought and nodded.

"Okay. Germany."

"WWII"

"Steve Rogers?"

"Anger..." he said.

"Natasha Romanoff"

"Friends."

"Peggy Carter?"

"Nice lady."

"Pineapples."

"Don't like."

"Sam... Wilson."

"Lo-" he stopped himself. The two met gazes. "Finish the word, Bucky." She said.

He looked around and rubbed his neck nervously. "Love? Maybe... I don't know." He said

Dr. Raynor showed him the book, the page with the two words she wrote. In love... the page said. "The gentleness I see in your face around him is honestly beautiful and rare. I've never seen you look at someone or something so intently..."

Bucky was caught by surprised by his own response... "did I say that?" He was flustered slightly. Dr. Raynor smiled softly and nodded.

"You did. That was you."

Bucky smiled to himself. After coming back from Hydra he never thought he'd be able to feel anything else from annoyance, anger, sadness and the occasional happiness.

"How does it feel?" She asked him.

Bucky looked at her. "It feels... nice. Better than I thought it would." he chuckled. He felt better about the situation with Mysterio cause he was gonna be alongside the one guy in the world he trusted.

Dr. Raynor smiled to herself and sighed in relief. He was in a better state than he was when he first came in. "Alright... see you next week?"

Bucky nodded as he stood. He went over to the door and held the knob. "You know... I wasn't expecting much from today..." he said. She looked at him.

"But today was probably our best session. Thank you." He waved slightly and walked out to meet a Sam who was sitting in a chair waiting for him.

"Hey birdbrain. Wanted to wait for me?" Bucky said, initiating their typical banter.

"Of course I did. Had to make sure those gears in your head were working." Sam said with a chuckle.

Bucky walked over and just chuckled. "They are, don't worry."

The two walked out.

"Thanks Sam..." Bucky said.

Sam smiled softly to himself. "You're welcome, Buck."