Motherly Instinct

Bucky was sitting in Dr. Raynors room. He didn't say a word as Sam and her spoke.

She was doing just fine as they talked, which made Bucky feel a bit better about everything. But, the sight of the bruise on her neck made him feel uneasy.

His mind flashed back to that frightening moment where he was once again screaming and begging for control in his mind. He cleared his throat and got up to leave.

"Sam, can I talk to Bucky, alone?" Sam glanced at Bucky who nodded as he walked over to her. He sat by her bed as Sam left the room, closing the door behind him.

Bucky avoided her gaze as he sat there. She winced as she sat up. She reached over and held his vibranium hand. He looked at her slightly.

"Bucky... stop blaming yourself for this. That wasn't you. You're James Buchanan Barnes not The Winter Soldier.." She said.

"But I hurt you.." he said as he looked at her. She chuckled and sighed. "Such a kindhearted man... you didn't hurt me. I've been shot twice since I've been in Shield, you didn't hurt me whatsoever."

Bucky was surprised by this. He sighed and looked at her. She just chuckled and messed up his hair. "Look at you, staring at me with those blue eyes like you did something bad. You're fine Bucky." She let go of his hand and got out of the bed. "Hell, I'm still alive and that's all that matters. I still wouldn't of blamed you if the other guy killed me."

Bucky suddenly just hugged her. She was surprised by that. She smiled softly and hugged him back. "You are just a big ole sweetheart... and by the way, I meant it when I said you are like a son to me."

Bucky pulled from the hug and chuckled. "I appreciate that. I really do... it feels great to have a mother again." She smiled softly at him and handed him a hair tie.

"You're welcome. By the way, Sam has expressed how much he likes your hair in a bun." Bucky took the hair tie and chuckled. "And I'm only doing this cause I like it when he gets flustered."

He tied his hair up. She nodded and smiled like a mother looking at her son. "Go get some rest kid. Come visit your old lady by the office sometime."

"Maybe I will." Bucky smiled and waved as he walked out.

She sighed as she looked at him. "He's gonna be alright."

Madam Hydra stood in their base with with Zemo and Mysterio. She smirked. "It has gotten stronger... oh imagine the strength if we just wiped it's mind again.... oh the power."

Mysterio nodded. Zemo didn't react.

She noticed this but didn't press him. "Zemo, how was the security on the ground when we activated the soldier?"

"It was fine. The chaos was minimal." He said as she sat down. She looked at him. "I'm sensing a lack of enthusiasm."

"Madam, I have gotten quite bored of jobs of sitting in rooms with people who are annoying. Just send me on a mission." He said with annoyance.

She scoffed. "Fine then. Infiltrate SHIELD and get me information on Sam Wilson. Mysterio, you're going to go get the spider. I'm going to go distract the asset."

"Just a heads up..." zemo said. "Black Widow has entered your playing field. You need to be ready to fight her. Black Widow doesn't hesitate like Sam Wilson. She is ruthless... and I believe if you touch the kid, she will go for your neck." Zemo said looking at Mysterio.

Mysterio took a deep breath. "I can handle her." Zemo rolled his eyes as he got up and went to his car. "I'll be back soon."

Peter was playing cards with Natasha while Sam and Bucky were in the other room chatting.

Natasha looked at Peter. She noticed his stressed expression. She knew she had the hand the hand to win, and he was on a tad bit of a losing streak.

Peter looked at her. "I'm ready." She stared at him and sighed. "I fold." Peter smiled fist bumped the air. "Yes!! I win!"

Natasha chuckled at that as she gathered the cards. "I'm gonna take a nap on his couch okay?" She said. Peter nodded and sat on the floor. She stretched out and closed her eyes.

"So... Ms. Black Widow, are you like... single?" He asked curiously. She sighed with her eyes closed.

"Yes, yes I am." She said quietly.

"Can I ask why?" Peter said as he opened his notebook and started to draw. She opened one eye to watch but opened both and looked at the ceiling. She sighed.

"He left for another woman from another time. He was a jerk. Just leaves to go live out a life with someone that wasn't his..." she said in annoyance slightly. Not because of Peter but before of the person.

Peter looked at her slightly. "I'm sure he will come back." He said as he crossed his legs.

"Um... no. He won't. He's already lived his life, leaving those who wanted to live it with him behind." She said. She sighed and looked at Peter.

"Don't worry about me, Little Spider. I'll be alright. I've been through wayyyy worse." She said as she messed up his hair.

He smiled softly and nodded. "Why do you call me little spider?" He said curiously.

"Cause I'm Black Widow, I came first, therefore you are little spider." She teased. He chuckled. "I'll take it."

As he said that his spider senses kicked in. He looked out the window and squinted his eyes. Natasha was doing the same as well.

She got up and moved Peter away from the window and grabbed her gun as she moved closer to the window. "Get the other two..." he said quietly.

Peter nodded and ran over to Sam and Buckys room.

Natasha aimed her gun and smirked. "Found yah." She was about to fire when suddenly she got shot first. "W-what..." she flew back and hit the couch. Her shoulder was bleeding.

Mysterio flew into the room from the window. Stepping on shattered glass.

"Keep your eyes on the actually sniper, Natasha."