Late

The group was on the jet getting back to NYC. Sam was more energetic than usual. He was treating Dr. Raynor.

Alex was drowning in guilt. He had his arms crossed as he looked out the front of the jet. He gripped his arm tightly.

"Now! All we need to do is find out who poisoned Bucky. They would have the information we need." Natasha said as she helped Sam.

"Do we have any footage of the moments before Bucky started reacting to the toxin." Sam asked as he continued to take care of Dr. Raynor.

"Actually... yes." Natasha said as she pulled up the security footage.

She pressed play. Alex stumbled and Bucky caught him.

Alex knew Thats when he administered the toxin.

"What are his symptoms?" Raynor asked tiredly. Sam looked at her. "Seizures, Heart-attack , lack of mobility, slowing of heart rate and breathing rate etc..." Sam said.

"Ah... that toxin has to be given physically."

Natashas eyes widened. She looked at Alex, anger was in them. "You were the only one to touch Bucky within the time of his poisoning..." she stood up.

"What?" Sam said.

"The toxin took about 15 seconds to activate... you were the only person to touch him in that 15 seconds." Natasha said in anger.

"You don't have solid proof..." Alex said as he turned.

"THE VIDEO IS RIGHT HERE!"  She yelled. "You... you might've killed my friend. Leaving him helpless and fighting for his life in a hospital... FOR WHAT!? A pay check?!" She yelled.

He turned and looked at her. "I would NEVER take money from Hydra. Madam Hydra has guns pointed at your guys heads, ready to fire if I don't comply... and those guns are almost pointed at my daughter. I didn't know badly it would hurt him. I was just given an order."  He said, his voice shaking.

Natashas eyes widened. "Alex-"

He just walked into the other section of the jet. Natasha turned towards the pilot seat and put the jet into the highest speed it could go.

They needed to hurry.

Bucky laid in his bed at the hospital. Maria was there now. Natasha called her to watch him since Madam Hydra had said there was a doctor there who was going to try and kill him.

Maria looked at Bucky. It was so odd... seeing one of the strongest people she know, be human for a painful few hours.

"Everything will be alright, Buck." She said as a doctor walked in.

It was a woman with blonde hair. Maria raised a brow. "How is he doc?"

"He's becoming relatively stable. He should be fine, but if anything else happens, he will probably pass away tonight." The doctor said.

Maria couldn't see her face. She scanned her up and down. She looked at her shoes.

Tactical gear.

Maria watched the doctor hold up a needle. "Yelena Belova..."

The doctors hand flinched slightly. "I'm sorry, that's not my name." The doctor said. Maria got up and closed the door, locking it.

A sigh came from the "doctor". She turned and looked at Maria. "Surprise... I guess my boots gave me away, hm?"

"Yes... you would've been fine if it wasn't me in here." Maria said.  Yelena nodded at that as she took off her white coat. "Well... let's go."

Yelena kicked Maria in the wall. Maria blocked and grabbed her arm and shoved her into the wall. "Damn! Be gentle!" Yelena said as she kicked Maria off of her.

Maria looked at her. She saw something on her neck. And electrical control signal. "Of course..." Maria said.

Maria pulled out taser and ran at the blonde. She kicked her down. Yelena dodged her taser and grabbed Maria, electrocuting her back.

Maria cried out as Yelena tighten her grip around Maria's neck.

Suddenly Yelena got pinned to the wall. Maria fell to the ground coughing. She held her neck and groaned in annoyance. She spun around and saw Peter closing the door.

"You okay Maria!?" He said as he ran over to her. She nodded as she stood up. She sighed and winced as she walked over to Yelena and removed the control signal on her neck.

Yelena flinched and looked around, blinking a few times before looking at Maria. "I- I'm sorry... I know you. You're my sisters friend- where the hell am I?"

"You came to the hospital to kill that man on the bed." She said pointing at Bucky.

"Ah... I'm not surprised..." she sighed as she held her head. She looked at her other hand that was stuck to the wall. She looked at peter.

"Spider thing... can you get rid of this? I'm going to try and kill you." She said with a chuckle.

"People who kill people usually say that...." Peter said. He looked at Maria for approval. She nodded and he went over and removed it.

Maria sighed as her phone rang.

"This is Hill." She sat down carefully as she spoke.

"Hey is Bucky good?" Natasha asked. Maria looked at him.

"Yeah.. yeah he's fine. He's fine. We got the murderer. Turns out it was a mind controlled Yelena Belova."

Natasha was silent for a second. "We're about two minutes out. Sam has been administered the antidote and were on our way with the person who poisoned him to fix Bucky."

"Good... who poisoned him?" Maria asked.

"Alex."

"Damn it... that better of been for a good reason."

"We will talk about that later." Natasha said right before she hung up.

Maria put her phone down as she felt the building shake slightly.

They're back.

Sam ran out of the jet as it landed . He ran into the building with the device that poisoned Bucky. He ran to the lab and gave it to them to find the antidote.

He rushed down some more stairs and got to Bucky's room. Maria looked at him as he entered the room carefully. He was suddenly met by nurses and doctors who were hovering over buckys body. Something was wrong.

He walked over to Maria.

"What happened...."  he looked at her. She had faint tears in her eyes.

"His heart stopped..."