Behind Closed Doors

REQUEST: Hey,I wanted to request a Remus X Reader One shot,where the reader it in Slytherin,and constantly bullied by the marauders,and one day,Remus finds out,that she has problem at home,and her parents are abusive,so she ran away from home,in the summer vacations,and directly came to Hogwarts.He comforts her and they become friends,but the marauders don't know about that,and continue bullying her.He starts having feelings for her and they kiss in the library.Oh and she finds out about his secret.

xx

It was time to go. This place wasn't holding you back anymore. It was only your way of surviving this summer. Working, paying rent so you can have a roof over your head... It was a simple job in a bar, where people sucked all the life out of you. Drunks, perverts, cheaters... everybody was there but through all of that, you had to put a smile on your face and pretend it's fine.

It was easy. You've done it your whole life. Every day since the moment life decided to hit you in the face. An abusive father, an abusive mother, horrible situations back "home"... It was easy to pretend, easy to place a smile on your lips but it started to get harder with time.

It was only the first week of the summer holidays when you were already on the streets. The first month of surviving was challenging. No food, no drink, no roof over your head and a windy weather. There was a time where you were so sick, you started counting down the days for your death but you weren't a quitter. You were a fighter and that was what held you up. Hope, that maybe one day you will have the life that you deserve.

Now, you were stuck on the train, alone. Your trunk was almost half empty. You got most of the books and school supplies. Your paycheck wasn't much to live from but with some saving, you got enough for something.

The clothes were still the same. Holes, ripped, sewed, worn out...

It wasn't a problem for you. It was enough to keep you warm and dressed. For others, it was just another reason to make fun of you.

" Hsss hsss. There comes a snake our way, like she comes any other day. She's a snake, from the lake, a mistake, here to make our ground shake." sang one of them, later joined by the other two.

Of course, as if life wasn't hard enough, they had to make it worse. A song which they created in your third year of attending Hogwarts. Since then, they have always been on your back. One especially, James Potter.

He hated Slytherins, something you were. Being a Slytherin was something you were proud of. The Slytherin house was about fraternity and no matter who you were, poor or wealthy, skinny or fat, 1st year or 7th year, half-blood, muggleborn or pureblood; they stood up for you and they were the one being there for you.

" Piss off, Potter. " growled one of the Slytherins and walking over to him. " Taking on a girl? Just because you're in the sixth year, does not mean you're superior. And you call yourself a Gryffindor. " he spat out, spitting on his shoe." A poor excuse if you ask me." he continued. " Why don't you go find yourself somebody your own size, you wanker. " he finished and they scattered off.

The boy was a year above you. He was from a wealthy family, one of the wealthiest of them all and a descendant from one of the greatest wizards in history. Humble, clever, cunning and handsome. He never talked to you, not a single word but seeing you in a green and silver tie, struggling with your trunk and getting tormented by some Gryffindors, what kind of a person would he be if he wouldn't jump to help.

" Here, let me help you." he smiled and grabbed the trunk in his hand.

" Thank you. " you replied, smiling at the boy.

" You're welcome."

" No, thank you for standing up for me. " you repeated, this time clearer.

" Of course. " he smiled once again with his dimples showing on each of his cheeks. " My father always told me: No matter the sex, the status or the color of the skin, if you see somebody in trouble, you don't just stand by. "