Caring - pt. 3

Remus was so thankful for you that week. He woke up with another scar after that full moon. It was larger than the most of them and he could see it stretch from his right hip, over his back and to his left shoulder.

He knew it was James' doing. He knew because he saw some deep scars on his arms, which meant he went after Sirius that night. Again. The day after was always filled with some tension. All of them were lying in bed, exhausted and when they woke up, James had the guilty look, as well as Remus and Sirius was... well, pretty much asleep most of the morning so he didn't experience the tension.

James walked up to Remus and sat down on his bed. "You saw?"

"Didn't need to. I can feel it." he sighed, trying to relieve himself of the pain.

"Here." said James, offering him a home-made herbal cream.

Remus took it into his hand and raised an eyebrow at him. "Where did you get it?"

James cocked a smile and leaned back. "I asked Madam Pomfrey about it a bit. Then Professor Sprout... And there is a lot you can do with magic and much information." he took the cream back into his hand. "Come on. Let's see if it works." he said and Remus lifted his shirt, revealing a large, burning red scar across his back.

James felt an enormous amount of guilt fill his body when he saw it. Though he attacked a monster, it was his best friends that paid the consequences. But nevertheless, they all decided together to sacrifice themselves for Remus and Remus will never be alone in this as long as he's alive. He's his best friend. His brother and you take care of your brothers. - is what James always believed.

"I'm sorry about this, mate." he said as he started to spread it over the scar, hearing Remus hiss a little in the beginning.

Remus hissed but the pain... well, he was used to pain so it didn't hurt. It did hurt but the pain was so common to him that hissing, wailing, screaming seemed so unnecessary to him. He just let the herbs burn into his skin, into his nerves and all he could do was grit his teeth.

"It's fine, James." he said, gritting through his teeth and holding on to dear old pain. "I know you do it only if you have to and I'm understand."

"How are you feeling?" he said after he finished with the back and started to move down to his arms. Those were Sirius' scratches.

Remus let out a laugh. "Fantastic." he watched James carefully and gently brush the herbal cream over his flesh and watch it disappear slightly. "But no really. I feel good, better with you guys." he smiled and James smiled up at him.

"You're our best friend, Moony." said James as he finished, closing the cap on the cream and putting it away. "We take care of each other. It's what we promised." he winked and walked away.

"Just kiss already." they both heard Sirius mumble on the other side. "And shut up!" he turned on the other side of the bed and grumbled.

"Oi! I saved you yesterday. Don't make me regret it." James laughed, throwing a pillow to him.

"Yay. My saviour. Can you shut up now?" he threw the pillow back but James only caught it and rushed back to Sirius.

"cAn yOU shUt uP nOw?!" he mocked, jumping on Sirius and hitting him with a pillow. "My mother always told me that morning birds love to sing songs to wake us up." he leaned to Sirius' ear and whispered. "So let me be your morning chippering bird, Padfoot."

"You sing one tune and I'll kill you with the pillow you hold."

"GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!" he shouted out loud. "TU RU RUUU!!!" he started meanwhile Sirius struggled to get out of the sheets James pinned him under. "PA PA PA POW POW PA PA PA POW! GOOD MORNING!"