Weakening the Devil

REQUEST: Hi, can I request a Remus lupin imagine where he and the reader used to be friends and were flirty with each other. But Remus started avoiding her because of his werewolf problem and it got to the point where they don't even speak to each other anymore. The reader has a personality like Jade West or Carl Gallagher. Thanks in advance if you do decide to write it!!!

XX

It was the quality of being different that made you so intimidating. You simply found aggression and fear as a way to be respected. It's said that aggression is never the solution but from where you come from, that's not the deal.

Growing up in challenging circumstances demanded your own way of survival. The whole world is ruled by fear, so you can either be the culprit or the casualty.

And you had to admit, being the culprit was fun.

"Come on, (y/n)! Why you always have to be such a bitch?" one of the kids you hung out with laughed as you took his book. "I have the exam tomorrow."

"So?" you sat on the sofa with your feet on the armrest, flipping through the pages.

"Well, some of us don't want to fail." he leaned forward and took the book away.

"Well, some of us are not as gormless as some of you." you laid on your back and looked at the ceiling. "Come to think of it, school is the real bitch if you ask me. Remember this, remember that... do this, do that... think like this, no think like that- it's all fucked up. The whole Wizarding world."

"You're a Muggle. What do you know about the Wizarding world?" your friend scoffed. "Muggles don't get into Slytherin, looks like the Hat made a mistake with you."

"Slytherin doesn't take skivers like you either, yet here you are." you sat up and looked around the common room. "Speaking of you and your Wizarding world... have you seen my wand. I keep losing that ugly stick." you tapped your robes and felt nothing but a pocket knife in your jean pockets. "Ooop. Gotta save that for later." you winked at him as you only switched the pocket knife from one pocket to another.

"You are-"

"And you're a manky fucker. And here I still have to deal with you." you walked past him and out of the common room. Entering the hallway, all students quickly moved out of your way. You could say that it was always satisfying but at times... it wasn't what you wanted; for everybody to be afraid of you.

It was the growling of your stomach that led you to the kitchen but little did you know that an innocent action as that, would lead you to him as well.

To Remus fucking Lupin.

' "People always say that those who hate the most, love the most." he grinned as he sat beside you.

"Are you implying something, Lupin?" you turned your head to him only to be faced with the green of his eyes. It was almost breath-taking to see those eyes. Not because they were just of the beautiful colour of green but from his pale skin, light brown hair and horrible taste in fashion, they were surely the only thing that stood out the most about him. It just made him more alive, no matter the times you saw at his worst.

"Only that bullies only bully other people because they like them. And apparently, you like me a lot more than I thought." he leaned on his elbows and looked at the view of the lake.

"In your wildest dreams, Remus Lupin." you snorted, pulling your knees to your chin and hugging them as the cold breeze brushed your skin.

"Cold?"

"No." you lied.

"I told you to bring a sweater."

"I tOld yoU to brINg a swEAter." you mocked him and he laughed.