Anomie - EPILOGUE

Sirius held the baby in his hands. He cooed at him, jumped him up and down in his arms as the baby laughed. "He loves me." he looked at his best friends and you. "I'm a natural."

I sat beside him and smiled at the baby, opening my arms to it and cooing. "How about you come to aunt (y/n) for a while. See how real baby whisperers do their job."

He stared at me for a while, confused and biting his finger as Sirius continued to hold him on his feet. "Pff, you would-"

The baby started laughing, opening his arms to me and wanting to wiggle out of Sirius grip. I took him in my arms and held him close to me, jumping him a bit and playing with his favorite toy. "Is this your horsey?" I started to coo, taking the blue stuffed horse into my hands and giving it to the boy. I started to imitate a horse sound, causing baby Harry to marvel at first before showing his two front baby teeth and laughing.

Lily sat next to me and started to caress her son's head. "He's never like this with strangers." she looked at me and smiled. "You must really have a way with them."

"I used to babysit my neighbors kid." I said glancing at her as I focused on Harry on my lap. "And he also loved horseys, the only difference was-" you looked at Harry as he looked at me with wide eyes, still smiling. "Is that her horsey was pink." I took the horsey and kept playing with it until Harry grabbed it and started jumping happily on my lap, giggling.

"I got a heart attck that day." said Sirius beside me and I started chuckling.

"He thought the kid was mine." I looked at Lily and she was now merely observing me, to which I knew something familiar will follow.

"When we were in school, you were so different."

"I know." was all I said.

"And now I meet you and you're like this cool, baby-loving person." she laughed and shook her head. "I should have never listened to those rumors of you."

"Well, there have to be outcasts in that school as well. Not just Head Boys and Girls." I winked and kept Harry steady as he marvelled at the horse.

"Heard you and Remus were a thing back in your Fifth year." James grinned as he took Harry from my lap and started to coddle him.

I felt a blush creep on your cheeks and feel Sirius tense next to me. "Well, it was just a silly fling. We broke up after a few months."

"Did you know about-"

"James!"

"I knew." I laughed. "He never told me but I knew that he was part wolf. He was cranky after every full moon and the scars- it was too obvious."

"And you stayed?" the voice from the door frame to the living room spoke and I looked up to see him standing there.

I tried not to show it how much it hurt my heart to see him after all this time, let alone hear what I just said. He wasn't supposed to know because he always got scared away. So I placed a smile on my face and nodded.

"Hey, Remus." I said first but he didn't say anything in return so I just continued to speak further. "Yes, I stayed. I didn't care to be honest."

"Neither of the Black children don't care." Sirius smiled. "Regulus wouldn't care either, only our evil spawn of a mother does." he continued and both of us laughed, fist bumping each other.

It was cruel but it was true.

He sat on the arm chair in front of me and I could see him impatiently waiting to talk to me as he would usually back in Hogwarts. He was too obvious for the smartest in their group.

So as most of them went on a terrase, I waited for him and he waited for me.

We stood close and I could see his eyes filled with guilt. So much guilt and you couldn't understand why.

"I don't know where to start..." he started but I decided to cut in first.

"I was fifteen, Remus. You were sixteen and you were my first love. I was upset then, angry at you but I'm okay now. I'm not mad you dumped me-"

"I should have been there. You had nobody-"

"And that was what made me who I am today." I smiled and brought him into a hug.

It felt so good having him in my arms again. Just the smell of him- the scent that never changes and the warmth that is still there.

"You stayed, knowing who I was and I was too coward to tell your brother about us."

I laughed, pulling away and cupping his chin with my fingers. "We were kids back then." I continued to smile until his eyes were watching mine and his lips matching my own as well.

"If I knew what your mother did, I'd stay." he softened his smile. "If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd stay."

"Remus..." I shook his chin left and right, pulled him close until my nose was against his and our eyes were directed at each other. "Stop beating yourself up for something you cannot control. You can't but what you can control is this Friday night, which I am free." I pulled away, feeling the heart rate in my chest trying to jump right out. I started backing away, going to the terrase and just as I was about to step in, I could feel him grab my arm and pull me back.

He was standing next to me, his mouth very near my ear until I could feel his breath on my neck and his lips gently touching my earlobe. "Friday night it is."