Sweater

REQUEST: i'd like to request a one shot in which Sirius has a sister in ravenclaw who isn't prejudice like her family but isn't as loud mouthed accepting as her brother & they don't get along but some how she finds herself falling for her idiot brother's friend remus which she's baffled by because how could she like anyone stupid enough to tolerate her drama queen of a brother voluntarily 24/7 even if he's as smart & dreamy as remus

XX

It was as if you were strangers. It was as if all three of you were three different poles of the Earth. The youngest, Regulus, was the South pole, the oldest, Sirius, was North pole and you, the middle child, were the equator. The middle. The mediator. You weren't as South orianted as Regulus was; always obeying, following and being the polished trophy on your parents' shelf but you also weren't as North as your brother Sirius- always pushing their buttons, waiting for your mother to explode and then feed on that.

You obeyed... sometimes.

You rebelled... sometimes.

You were neutral and sometimes that was a good thing, sometimes that was the loneliest feeling in the world.

When Sirius was still living with you, there would be moments where your mother and father would praise Regulus and the two of you would just give each other that look- look that just tells everything and later tease little Reggie (as both of you liked to call him). But then again there would be moments where your parents would just scream and talk down on Sirius, leaving you and Regulus in an uncomfortable position. Sirius and Regulus would both be compared but you were just there. Like a void. Nobody paid attention to you, nobody acknowledged your presence. You could have murdered someone and they wouldn't care in the world. And when Sirius left all of those moments were just giving you a lonely pit in your stomach.

You were furious at your brother for leaving, crying, just being so aggrevated you wanted to murder him and James Potter but then you accepted it. Your brother wrote you and he kept writing you until you replied- which you eventually did, sending him a Howler. First day of school and he just burst in your comparment being annoying until you talked to him or laughed with him. He just annoyed the anger out of you. It didn't leave, no, it was still there but it was smaller and you always goaded him with it.

He hadn't had much luck with Regulus. Mostly because he was a Slytherin and Sirius just couldn't, for the love of God, deal with Slytherins, let alone be in their presence. You were a Ravenclaw, meaning you were easier to get to than your younger brother.

You all still lived pretty divided life. You were close with both them, Sirius somehow more since Regulus despised that you and Sirius were on talking terms and he wasn't. With months passing, he barely even talked to you. He did but it was so faint that it was worse than not talking.

But again, you were the equator. The middle.

"Oh how I love my little Ravenclaw sister, who has done nothing but bring me so much joy and love." Sirius hugged you from behind, leaning his head on yours. "Beautiful, smart- just a peachy rainbow in the sky."

"You must be reading Poe." you said unfazed, putting a spoonfull of mushroom-cream soup in your mouth.

"Actually." he breathed in a sharp breath, sitting beside you and smiling forcefully. "I'm not reading Poe and also not reading my Divination book, which has all the subjects and information for my Why do dreams affect wizards stronger than Muggles essay." he leaned his head on the side, watching you with pleading eyes.

"You must be keen on writing it." you continued to play daft.

"Funny... um...Well...I..." he tried to form a sentance. "I WAS planning on writing it, you know? For my good well-built brain but- khm." he cleared his throat, leaning forward and looking at you with his eyes....his red, puffy eyes and you just knew.