06

TW: Sexual Assault ⚠️

It's been a whole month without a job. I'm about to lose my apartment if I don't pay rent soon. I don't know what to do. I grab my purse and lock my door. I get into my car and drive to the grocery store, since I don't have any food.

I get out of my car and walk into the store, a older man looks at me and smirks, I ignore it and grab a basket. What was up with my history of men looking at me like I was a meal?

I walk through the isles and just pick some stuff out. I can only spend so much, I feel eyes on me and I turn around finding no one. I hurry to check out wanting to just get out of here. Once everything is in a bag I speed walk back to my car. I put all the bags in the passenger seat and drive away. I look back in the mirror and see no one following me. I park far away from the apartment just in case.

I knew I should've covered up more. I go into my apartment, open the door, slam it and lock it. I unpack everything and was about to put everything away when a loud knock came on my door. I look through the hole and find it's the same guy from the grocery store.

I place a chair in front of the door handle and grab my pepper spray. I go into my room, but grabbing my phone quickly. I lock my room door and go into my closet I shut that light off.

"Come on baby. I just wanna ask you a question?" He laughs.

"You looked so cute in that crop top." He tries to pull on the door.

I look through my phone to find a contact, I hit the call button. She answers on the third ring.

"Hey, sweet-" I interrupted

"Sarah please come, there is a guy at my door." I panic into the phone.

"I'm not home right now, but I'm going to call Leo." Before I can say anything she hangs up.

I cry into the sweatshirt but trying not to make any noise.

I hear a door open then a loud bang. Pots and pans falling out of the counters.

"No no" I cry. He kicks my door open and then trashed my room trying to look for me. He opens the closet door and grabs me. He throws me on the bed and I cry louder shouting for anyone.

"No, no, please," I beg the man. He starts ripping my clothes off till I'm naked, nothing on. He starts to unbuckle his pants but he's thrown to the ground. Leo throws punches at him. He's wearing only grey sweatpants, his hair is messy. I'm guessing he just woke up.

The man passes out, I quickly grab the sheet that was on the ground and cover myself up. Leo looks over at me with concern in his eyes. He pulls me up and hugs me. I cry on his shoulder not caring if I looked ugly sobbing or was half naked. I needed someone to comfort me: He hugs me tighter. "Come on." He says and pulls me out of my apartment and to his.

He sits me on the couch. "I'm going to get you some clothes." I nod and he goes to his room. He comes out with Mia, sweatpants, and a t-shirt. I thank him and then walk into the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror. I look messy and ugly. Make-up all over my face. Red marks all over my body, from the man grabbing me. I quickly change into these baggy clothes. I wash my face with water and face wash I found in the bathroom.

I leave the bathroom and see Sarah speaking to Leo. She runs up to me and hugs me. I hug her back tight, needing a mother figure right now or at least some support. "You can stay here as long as you want. The police are at your apartment. I just want you safe so you will be staying here for a couple of weeks." She demands. "Sarah, I couldn't-" She interprets me. "No buts. You are staying here." She walks away before I could fight back more. Leo follows his mom. I lay down on the couch needing some sleep. This day is too much.  

~

I hear mumbling and a door slamming open. "She is! Your such a Liar Leo." a girl screams. I rub my eyes because it's way too bright in here. I see Emily, Sarah, and Leo in one room looking at me. I get up from the couch confused about what's going on.

"Leo those are your clothes on her," Emily screams at Leo and puts her finger in his face.

"Emily please, get out, Mia is sleeping," Leo tells her. She rolls her eyes and walks over to me. I put my head down and back up afraid she is going to hit me. I flinch when she moves. Leo grabs her and forces her outside of the door. 

I sigh once he closes the door on her. "You okay honey?" Sarah asks. I nod.

"I'm just going to go back to bed." I said, ready to lay back on my bed for a couple of weeks.

"Oh, you can sleep in Leo's room, you must be very uncomfortable." I nod hesitantly, tired to fight back. I go to his room and get under the covers. These are so soft than mine. I look around the room, it was nice.

I close my eyes when the door opens. I hear steps to the other side of the bed. "I'm sorry to disturb you but the couch is very uncomfortable. I'm just going to sleep on the other side of the bed. ...Never mind your asleep." He gets under the covers, I open my eyes slightly, his back facing me. I turn to the other side.

I couldn't help, but feel safer when he slept next to me, even if we weren't touching. Sleep takes over me.

~

I try to get out of bed because I have to pee but I feel a rough hand covering me. I look over to see Leo asleep. "Leo" I whisper. He groans and holds me tighter.

"Leo your...your arm is over me." His eyes open and he removes his arm. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "It's okay." I whisper back and get out of the bed to use the restroom.

Once I get in the restroom I sit on top of the toilet seat cover and let out a quiet cry. What the hell happened yesterday? I almost got raped, again.

~