08

I look at my phone, this notification shocked me

I look at my phone, this notification shocked me. I got accepted! It was the receptionist job. I start Monday, that's tomorrow!

Holly shit. I don't even have the right outfit. I guess I'll have to go out, maybe I can take Mia too. I can spend my last of my money since I'll be getting paid weekly. That means I'll get paid Friday! Before I was only making $900 every two weeks. John told me I wasn't allowed the weekly paid because I was doing my job wrong.

I get out of the bed quietly because Leo is still sleeping. It feels really weird sleeping in the same bed. We never slept together one. Two we're not even a couple. I walk into the bathroom and do my business. I look at the tube and remember what I did, I slap myself again. I was probably really loud. I hear talking from the room. I get out of the bathroom and stretch. As I stretch I see Emily again. Does this girl ever leave? I give her a little smile. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Why are you in here?" She asked. I make up a lie quick "the other bathroom was being used so I had to use this one." I point to the bathroom. She ignores me and goes over to Leo. She starts kissing him on his sleeping body. Ew.

At first, I thought I was going crazy because he moaned my name, then once he opened his eyes he freaked out. "Ew get off of me." Leo wipes his mouth and sits up from the bed. I stand here not knowing what to do.

Oh look at that. There is a little spot on the wall I didn't know about. "Annabelle." Leo interrupts my thoughts.

Emily glares at me. "Mhm" I mumbled. "Come back to bed. It's six am." He looks at the clock. "Umm...it's ugh... I have to go to the store." I awkwardly laugh and go to pick out my outfit for the day.

I pick out a nice simple black dress. I add a gold necklace and gold rings. I put my hair in a claw clip and spray perfume all over me. I add some simple lipgloss not in the mood to do much. I black heels and put them on. I look at my self in the mirror, I check myself out making sure everything is good.

I walk out of the closet, Emily still there while Leo looks pissed and Annoyed. They both look my way and I just stand there no knowing what to do. "What?" I ask Leo. I look down at myself making sure I don't have anything on my dress. I ignore his glance and get my phone that's on the table. I got a miss call from some unknown number. I call them back and they answer on the third ring.

"Hello." I answer sweetly.

"Hello I just wanted to let you know just in case that the receptionist job starts tomorrow." The man says. I recognize that voice.

"Coach?" I ask. He laughs "yes, how are you my dear?" He ask.

"I'm hanging in there. How about you?" I say. I gather all my stuff. Leo and Emily still glaring at me. "I'm alright dear. So I'll see you tomorrow?" He ask.

"Yes, tomorrow." We say our goodbyes and hang up.

"Tomorrow?" Leo questions "yeah I got a new job tomorrow." I say to him. He smiles at me. "Where are you going it's only 6:15 am" he ask.

"I'm taking Mia and I out to Breakfast, then we are going to go shopping." I say.

"Can I come? I'm free today." He gives me the puppy eyes. I shake my head "girls day!" I give him and Emily both a smile then walk out of the room.

~
After getting Mia ready it's 7 am and we're both ready to go. Sarah said she wishes she could come, but she had breakfast with some dude she met at the store. She was really happy. Leo kept begging me to come with us, but I told him no. He was even fake crying. Mia and I were laughing. It was really funny.

I put Mia in her car seat I stole from Leo's truck. We drove off to breakfast first. We went to this dinner. I sat Mia down in her little hight chair.

"This is such a nice place to pick." Leo says and sits down in the seat across from us. He's all dressed up. I give him a glare. "What are you doing here? And how did you find us?" I ask.

"One, because I can be here and two don't worry about it." He picks up a menu.

The pretty waitresses comes to take our orders "Hello Handsome. What can I get ya?" She gives him a smirk.

Jealousy runs through me, but I ignore it. "I'll just get a French toast. And a glass of Orange Juice." He says without looking up at her.

She writes the Oder down and moves towards us two. She realizes there is a baby there and she gives me a death glare. I fiddle with my fingers. "Umm... I'll just get a waffle and a glass of water. She will get one pancake please." I smile at the woman and she doesn't return it. Okay then...

We wait until our food comes and I completely ignore Leo. We eat quickly just wanting to get out of here. I just wanted Leo to leave us alone. He clearly has a penis, so why is he here?

~
After eating I pay and then Leave Leo hoping he won't follow us. But he does. "Why do you keep running away from me?" Leo ask. Why am I? Why am I getting so mad?

"Because." I don't know what else to say....

"Because why?" He raises his arms.

"Because Leo I need time to think." I lie.

"Why," He ask "what do you need to think about?"

"Just leave us alone." I hold Mia tighter while walking to the car.

"She's my daughter. So give me her and go do your little thinking." He snatch's Mia out of my hands. I walk faster to my car, once I get there I slam the door shut and break down. I forget what it feels like when someone is mad at you.

I definitely grew as a person but I still have flashbacks from a couple of years ago, plus with my father who called me definitely triggered them. I see Leo coming over to me with Mia. He knocks on my window and I roll it down. His eyes fills with concerned once he sees my red crying eye, but it goes away quickly. "Can I have the car seat?"

He ask. I unlock the door and he quickly grabs it then walks away like he didn't have any concern before.

~
I've been sitting in this parking lot for hours, just thinking. I don't know what to do with my dad, Leo, how to pay my rent on time that's due tomorrow, what if I'm really bad at this job then I get fired. I mean Leo works there it's going to be a nightmare.

I sigh and look at the time 5:00 pm. Geez. I'm hungry I thought to myself. I start the car and drive to the apartments. I grab all of my things and check my phone really quickly.

5 miss calls from Sarah❤️

1 message from Leo

I check the message.

Leo

Where are you? I'm worried.
Sent at 3 pm.

I ignore it and walk upstairs. I just wanna lay in my own bed. I text Sarah letting her know I'm ok. I get to my apartment and open the door. I sigh once I look at the mess. Pots and pans everywhere, my couch is flipped over, my tv shattered, my paints all over the ground, my books are ripped. My bedroom looks way worse, the clothes that got torn off me are still on the ground, blood on the ground from Leo punching him, my bed is broken. I break down looking at the mess. I can't afford to get new things right now. I run my hands in my hair stressed out.

I end up falling asleep on the floor.

~
I wake up around 12 am. I start cleaning up my room . That took 2 hours! Then I start with the living room. I stick all the trash near the front door. I make a list of what I need to buy. I sigh seeing how much stuff I have to get. This is going to cost a fortune. I still have to get my clothes from next store, I'll do that tomorrow. I decided

I go to my room and fall asleep there.

~