13

I don't want to ask Grace if I can stay at her apartment

I don't want to ask Grace if I can stay at her apartment. I'm just not ready to tell her what happened in the past. I guess I'll just stay at an Hotel tonight.

I grab my over night stuff and work clothes for tomorrow. So much shit has happened to me. I just want it to end. I get dressed in shorts and a large t-shirt. I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.

I put the bag over my shoulder and walk out of my apartment. "Come on baby, just let me in." I look over next to me as I lock my apartment. Emily

Ew.

I get to my car and drive off to the nearest hotel. Once I check in to the cheapest room I lay on the bed. I sigh once I land on it. This is so comfy.

I close my eyes and let my body fall asleep.

~

A loud bang wakes me up from my sleep. I quickly get up. "You didn't think you could get away from me, could you?" He laughs.

Eric.

My father.

I shook my head and backed up a little. He senses my fear and gets closer to me. "I won't hurt you little one. Just listen to me carefully." I shake my head, no.

"No? You want to play the hard way." He punches me in the face. I hit the wall, my back stings in pain. My face hurts like hell. I touch my face and wince. I look at my fingers and find blood. A sob break from me.

I look up to the evil man. He kicks me in my rubs multiple times. I cough and cough. "I'm sorry." My voice sounds like I smoked 12 packs of cigarettes a day. I start coughing up blood. He smirks. He pulls out something from his jacket.

A gun. I gulp scared. He has shot me once before. He puts the gun up to my head and hits me with it. My vision starts to go blurry.

"You're such a whore and you wonder why I hit you." He kicks me again before walking out and slamming the door.

I can't take this anymore. This is not as bad as the other times he has done this to me. I use the last of my energy and get up from the floor. I'm tired of being alone and holding everything back. I grab all of my stuff and get in my car. I drive to the only place I know right now.

I get out of the car, people give me weird looks, but I don't care right now. I limp upstairs to the apartment. I knock using the rest of my energy. I know it's probably like 1 am but I needed someone. I hear footsteps and mumbling.

The door opens slowly. Once Grace see's me her eyes widen. "Holy fuck. Oh my god. Anna, what the fuck happened?" She screams. Max comes running out with Jaxson on his shoulders. His eyes widen at the sight of me.

"I didn't know where else to go Grace. I can't go home, it's not safe." I finally let it out, I sob. She leads me inside and closes the door. She has me sit down on the island chair. She goes running into the bathroom to grab stuff.

"What is all this-" Leo rubs his eyes and then looks at me. "Shit. What the fuck happened?" He comes over to me.

Grace comes out of the bathroom and tells everyone to get out of her way. "This is going to hurt." I nod and she cleans my cuts.

"Where else does it hurt?" She looks at me. I point to my ribs. It hurts to talk.

"Boys leave." She demands.

"Why?" Leo asks. "Because I said so." She rolls her eyes. Max guides Leo out the room. They both go into their room.

"I'm going to take your shirt off, okay?" I nod. She lifts my shirt off. I cover up my breast since I'm not wearing a bra.

Her eyes widen seeing my ribs. "Tell me of this hurts." She puts a little pressure on them I wince. "Try to talk to me." She says "it hurts." My voice comes up cracky.

"Okay, it looks like you broke them." How does she know all of this?

"Grace, I- I coughed up blood." Her eyes widen. She goes to the kitchen and grabs a glass of water.

"Drink this. I'll be right back." I nod. I gulp down the water. She comes back out the room with a big ice pack and some Advil.

"Here take this!" She gives me more water. I take the Advil.

"Don't wear anything tight around your ribs. Put this ice pack on it will heal faster." She tells me.

"How do you know all this?" My voice sounds a lot better. "I used to be in a nurse major." I nod. That's why.

"You can sleep in the guest room. I'll make Leo sleep in the living room. I don't want you to go back home if it's not safe there. I know what your going though Anna. I've been through it." My eyes widen. How did she- "how did you know?" She shakes her head.

"I'm here if you need anyone to talk to." I nod again. "Thank you."

She helps me up and helps me walk over to the room. I thank her for everything once again.

I lay in the room and silently cry myself to sleep. I hate my life so much. No wonder no one ever likes me. I look like a fucking pig. I have stretch marks all over me. My stomach isn't thin. I have hair on my body. My hands are small and fat. I have scars all over me.

I cry even harder knowing no one will ever love me. My father pointed that out tonight. I don't want to be alive anymore.

~