14

I hear a bunch of mumbling from the kitchen

I hear a bunch of mumbling from the kitchen. I rub my eyes and get up from the bed, not bothering putting a shirt on. I open the door and walk to the kitchen. Grace runs to the bathroom and pushes me to move. What the hell is going on?

My eyes widen from the sight of Anna. She's covered in blood. Grace comes running back. "Boys leave." She demands.

"Why do I have to leave?" I ask.

"Because I said so." She rolls her eyes while she's cleaning Anna's cut. Max taps my arm and tells me to come with him. I look back again, Grace is about to lift up Anna's shirt. I see purple but, before I could see anything else, Max pushes me in the room.

"Dude what the fuck is going on?" I snap. Max shakes his head

"I don't know. I'll ask Grace when she comes in. But you need to rest cause you have a big fight tomorrow." Max looks at me.

"How can I sleep when Anna's out there hurt? I'm going to find out who did this." I run my hands through my hair.

"She's going to be fine Leo. Don't worry." Max sighs.

"How? We don't know what happened!" I sit on the edge of the bed.

"Grace is experienced. She helps me all the time with my cuts and stuff after a fight." That helps a little bit. I nod understanding.

"Get some rest." Max pats my back. I stand up and go back to the guest room. I try to glance at what Grace is doing, but they both aren't there. I walk in the room and sit on the left side of the bed. I take off my pants and remain in my boxers. I go to lay down, but feel a body shift in the bed.

I turn around. It's Anna in a pair of Grace's sweatpants and a tank top. I put a pillow between us so Anna doesn't freak out in the morning. I lay on the edge of the bed and fall asleep.

I groan and sit up

I groan and sit up. Ow. My body is so sore. I rub my eyes and look at the clock next to me. 6:38 why did I wake up so early? I guess I can make breakfast for everyone to thank them. I get up and put my hair up into a ponytail.

~
It's now 7:00 and everyone woke up. Grace thanked me for breakfast, but she told me to go shower, so that's what I'm doing now. I walk out of the bathroom and walk into my room. I lock the door and drop my towel.

I hear a throat clear. I look up to see Leo brown eyes. Oh my god. I quickly pick up my towel and cover myself. That's so embarrassing.

Leo smirks and walks past me out the door. I sigh. I packed some covering that cover me, thank god. I didn't have any makeup to cover up anything though. I forgot to pack foundation. All I have is lip gloss and mascara.

I put on my outfit and apply makeup. I walk out of the room with my bags. I put them near the door and I go say goodbye to Grace.

When I walk in the living room, I see Jaxon and Mia playing, while Leo and Max Sit and talk. "Do you know where Grace is, Max?" I ask him.

I don't glance at Leo because of this morning situation. "She's changing in the room for work." He points to the room and I nod. I guess I'll wait here. I sit next to Mia and she jumps up seeing me.

"Hi little munchkin! Anna missed you so much." I tickle her belly and she laughs. That puts a smile on my face. I wonder who her mom is. She must be blond because Mia had dirty blonde hair and Leo didn't.

"Ma Ma." My eyes widen.

"No No" I shake my head. She crawls over to me and wraps her hands around my neck. I look up to see Leo looking at us. He's smiling I think that's that first time I saw him smile like that. He catches my glance and stops smiling. Fuck you too.

"Mia, You silly girl. I'm not your mom, but you do have a dad." I tickle her stomach. She shakes her head. I stand up and pick her up. Grace comes out the door with all black on.

Max stands up

Max stands up. "Where are you going like that?" He points to her cleavage.

"To work. I might get promoted to manager!" She smiles. Max sighs.

"Are you jelly?" She laughs. He nods and she laughs more.

"Don't worry babe. I'm only into you." She grabs Jaxon.

"I'm not worried about other men thinking they have a chance with you." She holds up her hand showing off her ring. "Don't worry" she kisses his cheek.

'Oh I'm going to worry.' He mumbles. I look down at Mia. She has an oversized T shirt on. What did Leo do to you? I go over to her diaper bag and find an outfit for her.

"There you go baby!" I tickle her stomach

"There you go baby!" I tickle her stomach. I put her hair down and put it in a little clip. Leo gets a call so, he can't see what I did to her.

~

He comes back after 5 minutes. He picks her up and kisses her all over. I smile at them. "You wanna go to work with daddy?" He tickles her and she laughs.

I thank Grace again and walk out the door with my bags. I grab my overnight bag and put it in the trunk. As for my purse I put that in the passenger seat. I drive off to work and listing to some music like k do everyday. Leo is already here. I don't know how he does that. He probably speeds. I roll my eyes.

I get out of my car and walk into the building. I want to go home already. I set up at my desk. I look around the building, seeing Max getting ready and Leo talking with some girl.

I roll my eyes at that. I see the girl trying to pick up Mia, but She cries. I shake my head and get up. I shove the girl out the way. Who does she think she is? I pick up Mia and she stops crying right away. I look at Leo and shake my head, disappointed. No one should interfere with a child to get to his dad.

I pick up her bag and car seat. I walk to the desk and put her down. "Mia. Anna has to do some work so be good, okay?" She smiles. I'm taking that as a yes.

~