11

"She's just no one" He tries to save himself

"She's just no one" He tries to save himself.  "Save it, Leo." I roll my eyes at him.

"I have an appointment to go to. Excuse me." I grab my purse that's on my chair and walk out of the building.

I made that up, but I really just wanted to get out of there. I check the time on my watch and find it's 12:05. Time for lunch. I go to my car and drive to the nearest restaurant. I choose Chinese because I love it.

The young-looking waitress comes up to me. She smiles at me and I smile back. "Hello, my name is Grace! I'll be your server today, what can I get for you?" Grace was really pretty. She had long blond hair, green eyes, her body was perfect.

"I'll get dumplings and then just water, please." She nods and writes everything down. She takes my menu and walks away. I pull out my computer and read through all my emails. One caught my eye.

Hello, Annabelle!

I am Josey, Eric's lawyer. Eric, your father, is pressing charges for sexual assault. He has claimed that you touched him.

We want 100k.

Court date: Monday 24th of October.

As I read the email my breath beings to shake. I did not sexually assault him, he did it to me. I quickly close my computer and put it away. I run my hands through my hair stressed. Grace comes back with water and food. She looks at me, I probably look like shit. "Everything okay?" She looks at me with worry in her eyes. I don't think I have ever met someone who looked at me like that.

"Yes." I lie. She nods and rubs my back.

"If you need anything you can always call me or text." She grabs her notepad and writes something down. She rips the paper and places it on the table. After that, she walks away and I look at the note.

245-984-8492

Here is my number! I would love to hang out sometime.

I smile at the note. I have never had a friend before.

~

I finish my food quickly because my lunch break is over soon. I leave a good tip for grace and put the note in my purse. I walk out and drive back to the place. I walk in and sit back at my desk. I see other people enter back from lunch. Instead of one by one, it was a whole group. I guess everyone went out to lunch. Coach, Leo, and a man I have never seen before entering last. It looks likes Leo made a joke and everyone laughed at that.

Coach comes up to the desk. "Hey, Anna. I was going to invite you but you disappeared." He gives me a worried look. "Yeah, I just had to meet up with a friend-"

"friend, I thought you had an appointment? " Leo questions my lie.

"Well, it got canceled so I called a friend."I quickly make up a lie. The bell rings but no one pays attention.

All I hear is "Hey babe." From the person who entered.

"Leo. Be nice, she doesn't have to owe you an explanation. If she wanted to go out on a date let her be." he rolls his eyes at Leo and smiles at me. Leo's jaw clenches at the word date. "I-I didn't go on a date." I save myself.

"Yeah, she didn't she was with me." A similar voice speaks. I look up to find Grace smiling at me and side hugging the man I don't know. Everyone looks up at her.

I mouth 'thank you to her. "You two know each other." The man points between us.

"Yes, we are friends. We met at a store." Grace says. "Anyways, I just came here to check on Max." She pats Max's back. Leo rolls his eyes and walks away. Max and Coach both walk away once they said goodbye to Grace.

"Thank you so much, Grace, you're a lifesaver." I thank her.

"It's no problem, but I didn't know you worked here?"  She leans against the desk.

"I just started yesterday." She nods.

"Okay, well I have to get back now. My lunch break will be over soon." She sighs and I nod.

"Oh, would you like to come to Max's and I's apartment, tonight if you're not busy? We can have some wine and talk. Max would be in his room."

"Of course I'll come! I'll bring the wine!" I laugh.

"Okay, I'll have a lot of food there. I'm a big eater."

" Same." I reply. We both laugh.

"I'll text you the address and, time," She says.

"Oh, let me text you now so you can have my number." She nods. I grab my phone and give her my phone to type in her number so it can go faster. I don't want her to miss work.

We say goodbye to each other. Grace is really nice and I'm glad that I met her. I get back to work catching up on some emails, monthly rent, things like that.

~

I glance at the clock and realize it's 5:26. Already, dang. I start turning off my things and grab my coat since it started to get chilly out. I see most people are packing up and getting ready to leave. I check my phone.

1 message from unknown.

Would 8 work?

I'm guessing this is Grace.

Yes, that will work!

Okay! Here is my address.

She sends me her address and I save it so when I leave I can just pull it out. Max and Leo come in view, both their gym bags on their shoulders.

"Alright so, I'll see you tonight?" Max asks Leo.

"Yeah, I'll be there." Max nods and leaves. Leo walks over to me and I roll my eyes.

"Yes?"  I grab my purse and put it over my shoulder.

"Nothing." Leo looks at me up and down.

"Whatever." I walk to the door not caring if he follows me or not. I get into my car and drive away.

I make my way upstairs and I get ready for tonight.

~