Chapter 1: Where The Sun is Shining

Y/N POV

Hachiman and I were currently bracing ourselves in front of our teacher, Hiratsuka-sensei. She was scolding us for the essays we wrote for looking back on our high school days. Hachiman wrote a "smart ass essay", I never read it but I was scolded for my essay being uneventful. There's really nothing to note within my high school experience, all I did was go to school, be bad at it, go home, play games and watch anime, and that was about it. Needless to say, the essay felt more like a bad paragraph. As Hiratsuka-sensei scolded Hachiman, I mindlessly looked out the window, not really thinking about anything until she said my name.

Hiratsuka-sensei: "How did it result in this? *looks to me* And Y/N, I have never been more bored reading an essay in my life."

Y/N: "Would you rather have me lie?"

Hiratsuka-sensei: "In fact yes, if that means I can actually grade this."

Y/N: "Does that mean I passed?" 

Hiratsuka-sensei: "This essay is bland, I can't do anything with this." 

You couldn't argue with her. She was right anyway. The essay was bland and boring to read which would logically deduct point from its score. I kind of need this grade or I'm going to be failing.

Y/n: "Can I get sympathy points?"

Hiratsuka-sensei: "Is this a charity?"

At least I tried :/

Hachiman: "Don't most high school kids these days think like this?"

Hiratsuka-sensei: "Quit splitting hairs, brat."

Hachiman: "Brat? Well, from the perspective of someone your age, I guess I am-"

He was cut off from Hiratsuka-sensei punching the air directly beside his head and a dark aura surrounded her as she scolded Hachiman for talking about her age. Even I wouldn't do that, ESPECIALLY with Hiratsuka-sensei. Then Hiratsuka-sensei pondered for a little bit before smiling and saying, "Come with me"...

Lord help us. 

We were brought to a room that seemed to be empty, judging from the silence at least. Hiratsuka-sensei opened the door to reveal a girl sitting on a chair besides the window. As the breeze flew in I noticed her long black hair and direct blue eyes and there are two red ribbons that sit on her hair just above the shoulder. I couldn't see what book she was reading but she seemed to be emerged in it entirely since she didn't notice us until we actually went into the room. 

???: "Hiratsuka-sensei. I believe I asked you to knock before entering."

Hiratsuka-sensei: "You never respond, even when I do knock."

???: "You always come in before I have a chance to respond. And? Who are the wastes of space?"

She's talking about us. Hachiman seemed mad to be called a waste of space. I could care less. Not that I've been called it a lot, but I don't pay any mind to insults since most of the time they are true. Besides, is it really up to me to decide how others perceive me? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something like that.

Hiratsuka-sensei: "They're looking to join your club."

Hachiman: "Uh, I'm Hikigaya Hachiman from class 2-F." 

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N from class 2-F as well."

Hachiman: "What do you mean, we're looking to join?"

Hiratsuka-sensei: "I'm ordering both of you to join this club as punishment for your useless essays. No objections, arguments, protests, questions, or backtalk. *looks to the girl* So, as I'm sure you can see, his spirit is a rotten as the look in his eyes. That one over there is the same, except it isn't rotten, it's depressing. Which makes them both pathetic, lonely souls. In this club, *points to Hachiman* you will rectify his contrary, solitary nature, *points to me* and his sad, worthless life. That's my request."