S2 Chapter 3: Losing What You Love

Mahou: "Remember what I said I wanted!"

Y/N: "Oh... You were saying something?"

Mahou: "Fuck you! I've been talking this entire time!" My phone speakers began to lose quality due to her screaming.

I was in the back of the van with the rest of my classmates, as we all rode to some other place to visit. I didn't really care about the destination anymore, I was more focused on trying to stay on my seat because of the bumpy road we were on.

I also didn't really care about what my sister was saying, as she randomly called me through my phone halfway through the ride.

Mahou: "I was talking about what I wanted from Kyoto while you were over there!"

Y/N: "Why would I get anything for you?"

Mahou: "Because I'm your sister!"

Y/N: "That's the exact reason why I wouldn't get you anything."

She grumbled over the phone, as I contemplated whether or not I should hang up and ignore her.

I hadn't realized that Totsuka was right next to me, listening to the entire conversation at hand. He sweat dropped, a pitying smile on his face.

Totsuka: "Aw, why don't you get something for her?"

Y/N: "There's no good reason for me to give her something."

Mahou: "Not true! I'm sure there's a reason... I just gotta find one."

Y/N: "That sounds like you don't have a reason, so I'm gonna go now."

Mahou: "Wait-!"

I hung up the call.

Totsuka looked at me angrily, asking why I did that. I was going to answer him, but my head banged against the window of the car because there was a deep pothole in the road that the driver sped through.

I rubbed the side of my head in pain, and Totsuka quickly grabbed onto my head as well.

Totsuka: "Are you okay??"

Y/N: "No. It hurts like hell."

Totsuka started to pet my head to calm me down, which worked incredibly quickly, as I suddenly stopped feeling pain and Totsuka's touch was the only thing I could feel.

That was, until my phone started vibrating in my hand. I looked down to read that I was my sister again.

Totsuka looked to my phone as well, then back up to me.

Totsuka: "Answer it, will you? She doesn't have the chance to come out all this way to Kyoto, so you should get her something."

Y/N: "...*sigh*"

I answered the call.

Mahou: "I'll pay you back!" She quickly said, before I could even open my mouth to speak.

Y/N: "Don't worry about it. Just tell me what you want."

Mahou: "R-Really?! Okay, so I want some make-up they have in a store over there called-"

Y/N: "Yeah, no."

Mahou: "C'monnn. *groan* Fine! I'll just have a specialty drink! They have those over there in Kyoto, right?"

"Probably..."

I looked over to Totsuka, and he nodded his head.

Totsuka: "There was one in the cafe we went to this morning... I don't remember then name of the drink, but I DO know that its a specialty to Kyoto." He said, putting a finger on his chin as he thought back to our time in the cafe.