Side Story: No Sleep

(A/N): This is just to keep you entertained until I can publish the new chapter, this may be a thing that happens a lot, so if at any point you see me put another one out, that just means I suck ass at thinking of ways to include your boy Y/N here into the story. Which also means that none of this is actually in the story, this is just shit that my brain came up with so, enjoy.

It was finally a holiday and I was free from my 8 hours of prison. I wasn't really doing anything at the moment. I didn't feel like playing games, but I did feel like buying some more snacks for when I binge some videos. I lazily got dressed and left the house, wallet and phone in hand, and went to the store near me. As I walked, I scrolled through my phone to find something to do, I ended up in my contacts and saw Yukino's name there. The last we talked was when we had school yesterday, so I wonder what she would be doing right now. I eventually arrived at the store, and when walking through the isles, I noticed someone shuffling between the items that lay on the shelf.

 It was none other than Yukino herself, what a coincidence. She walked with a basket in hand and wore a black dress and a white sweater over it. She also looked like she had just woken up and got about no sleep, can relate. I didn't know whether to approach her, until she turned toward me and beckoned to me. I walked over, and she stood there without saying anything.

Yukino: "..." Her eyes looked like they were closing. 

Y/N: "...Yukino?" 

Her eyes opened slightly, before starting to close again. Her eyes shut, and she started to breath softly. Trying to wake her up, I poked her in her forehead. She opened her eyes again.

Yukino: "Y/N...? When did you get here..." 

Y/N: "You asked me to come here. Are you okay?" 

Yukino: "...I'm fine..." She spoke tiredly, she was basically falling asleep before my eyes.

Y/N: "You seem tired."

Yukino: "...Didn't sleep."

"How come?" 

"We have... test... tomorrow..." Ah, yes. We would have a test after our break. She stayed up all night studying? Our difference in dedication is immeasurable. I looked into the basket that she was holding, she had 2 energy drinks and coffee. And then I remembered something. 

"Yukino, the test isn't until two days after today. It's not tomorrow." 

"..." She almost dropped the basket that she was holding. She looked completely distraught. Why would she even study so hard for this test anyway?

We continued talking, she gradually woke up a little more and could at least speak with some form of energy. She wanted to buy the coffee so that she could at least wake up, but I told her that she should probably just go back to sleep once she gets home, and she agreed. 

Y/N: "Do you have someone to pick you up?" 

Yukino: "*shakes head*" 

Y/N: "You walked all the way here?" 

Yukino: "*nods*" 

Sighing, I told her that I would walk her home, so that she doesn't randomly fall asleep on the side of the road. The only problem was, I didn't know where she lived. As we walked out the store she looked over to me and spoke.

Yukino: "Sorry for having you do this for me..." 

Y/N: "It's alright, I don't mind." 

We stayed silent for most of the walk to the house, with the only times of us talking is when she would give me directions. Around 5 minutes passed, until she looked over to me once more.

Yukino: "...Come." 

Y/N: "?" 

She motioned for me to come closer. I moved closer towards her, and she locked our arms in place. It almost seemed like she was using me as a way to keep herself from falling onto the pavement from how tired she was. What I didn't understand out of all of this, however, is why she leaned her head on my shoulder. This was starting to become a much bigger predicament than I thought. After some time, I realized that the road we were taking looked very familiar. Then, once she finally stopped I realized something.

Y/N: "Yukino... This is my house..." 

Yukino: "I know." 

She began walking back in the direction of the store.

Yukino: "I have someone who's gonna pick me up, wouldn't wanna be late." 

Y/N: "...You were never tired in the first place, were you?" 

Yukino: "No, I was tired. But regardless of if I'm tired or not, that doesn't mean I'll tell you where my house is. I didn't know you would take advantage of me like this, Y/N. How could you." 

She turned around with a smug smile, I couldn't tell if I was confused or angry, but all I know is that she had no remorse for what she had done.

I walked back into my house, more confused than when I left it.