S2 Chapter 9: Dating Disaster

I hate Haruno.

Hayama: "Ah, you're here! Sorry, but I'm actually surprised."

Y/N: "You're not the only one."

Hayama: "Thank you for your consideration." He bowed to me.

Y/N: "I'm only here because Haruno scares me, don't thank me."

"Oh, okay..." He slowly and awkwardly straightened his back, looking away as he seemed desperate to have Orimoto arrive sooner than later.

We stood outside the train station in front of the directory, the date unfortunately taking longer to start than we had hoped.

What rubbed salt on the wound was the fact that he moved the date to a weekday, making me more impatient as I just came out of school and now I have to deal with the two lovebirds.

"At least I have my phone!" Is what I would say if I didn't forget to charge it overnight. It'll probably die before Orimoto even gets- ... ah, there it goes.

I frustratingly tucked my dead phone into my school backpack, mentally cursing my luck. At this rate, the day was already doomed to end horribly.

"Sorry we're late!" Orimoto ran out from the station, accompanying her was the short haired friend, Chika, following timidly following behind her. 

Did I know Chika was coming? No. All I know is that it makes everything harder because there are now THREE lovebirds.

They both stood in front of Hayama, panting slightly as they rushed to us. Orimoto gave me a small wave then quickly gave her attention back to Hayama.

Hayama: "Then, ready to go?"

Timeskip

The first place we decided to go was the movie theaters. They wanted to watch a movie about romance, but instead we ended up buying tickets for some guy who made the atom bomb.

Hayama bought himself and the two girls their tickets while I insisted on buying my own. Being in debt to someone is always a nuisance so I try to avoid it as much as possible, even if it sacrifices convenience.

Chika and Orimoto were almost hugging either side of Hayama's arms as they watched the movie, only ever talking to each other to mention a scene they liked. 

Orimoto, by chance, sat on my right as she leaned away from me and closer to Hayama. Not that it bothered me, in fact, it helped me forget about how much I hated the situation I was in.

Eventually though, she waved her hand at me to catch my attention. Not even bothering to tap me on my shoulder in fear of touching me.

Orimoto: "*whispering* I can't believe I'm watching a movie with you... If the girls from middle school knew about this they'd freak!" She leaned closer to me to stay quiet, her permanent smile still the same from middle school.

Y/N: "Definitely." I couldn't think of anything else to tell her.

Orimoto: "Totally!" She held her hand up to her mouth as she pretended to hold back her laughter.