S2 Chapter 2: Squarebucks™

Sensei: "I'm going to buy some liquor for the party coming up, you both get on your walk back to the hotels."

Yukino: "Sensei... What if you get caught?"

Sensei: "I'll bribe them out with alcohol, like any other person would."

Yukino and I sweat dropped, as we stood in front of Hiratsuka-sensei next to a liquor store. 

The moonlight was hanging just above our heads, illuminating the sidewalk we stood on. The dim streetlights pitching in and out occasionally, before finally setting on light. 

Hiratsuka: "Stay safe on your walk back." 

Y/N: "You're really just going to make us walk?" 

Sensei: "You'd get in a car with me while I'm drinking and driving?"

Yukino: "That's all I need to hear." She said, quickly turning around to go down the sidewalk.

Y/N: "Y-Yeah, I'm going." 

I turned around, walking behind Yukino as we made our way down the sidewalk back to our respective hotels.

I wasn't sure whether to close the distance between ourselves, so I simply stayed behind.

There was only ever a streetlight so far away, so there'd be moments where we were both shrouded in darkness, if not for a nearby building with their lights on. 

It was awfully silent, however the only thing that was on my mind at the moment was the feeling of the cold breeze. 

It almost felt like it would start snowing at this point, as I cupped my hands together and drew a hot breath in-between them to warm my fingers. 

We both made it to a crosswalk, and Yukino stopped herself. 

I stopped as well, waiting for her to cross, but she seemed to be lost, as she continued her walk down the sidewalk instead.

Y/N: "You take the crosswalk here." 

Yukino: "A-Ah..." 

She turned around to start walking onto the crosswalk, but she stopped herself when she realized I was coming closer. 

I walked past her, onto the crosswalk, promptly hearing her footsteps following behind. 

It was weird. She's never been so fidgety around me. 

Slowly but surely, I heard her footsteps draw further and further, and she seemed to be going much slower. 

Y/N: "If you keep walking that far behind, you'll take a wrong turn again." I said, turning around. 

Yukino: "...You can just go ahead without me." 

Y/N: "I don't see the point in that. It's right there, look." I pushed my head in the direction of the hotel Yukino was staying at that lay just down the end of the lengthy street.

Yukino: "Maybe you don't see any point, but it bothers me..."

Y/N: "What does?" 

Yukino: "W-Well... It's really late at night..."