Chapter 10: Familiar Dream Part 2

N/N = Nickname  

M/N = Mom's name 

I know that L/N is not my actual last name. It was changed, legally of course. I had DL/N when I was a child, however the memories of why my last name changed is still really muffled inside my head. Trying to remember what happened has been on my mind for a few years, not that my memory has been any good to me, but I know it had to do something with my dad. He did something, and the more I think about it, the less I seemed to remember. I suppose I was just too young, but that isn't a good reason for forgetting something that trivial. 

Here I was again, a couple days later, still thinking about that dream that seemed to never be leaving my mind. I had no one to tell this to, either. I haven't seen Yukino ever since our last meet together... And speaking of our last meet together,

Flashback...

We had driven back from the summer camp from where all the children were. All of us exited Hiratsuka-sensei's van and were starting to part ways.  

Hachiman: "Komachi, let's stop by the store on our way back." 

Komachi: "Aye aye, sir!" She said, only really wanting to go for some snacks. "Yukino-san, why don't you come with us?" 

Yukino turned around to Komachi, but she couldn't help but notice a familiar car sitting on the side of the road. Eventually, the back door of the car opened and none other than Haruno revealed herself. (Haruno is Yukino's older sister for the ones that forgor) 

Haruno: "Hi there, Yukino-chan!" She began to walk over to where Yukino was. 

Yukino: "Nee-san..." 

Haruno: "Yukino-chan, you haven't been home in ages! I got so worried that I came here to pick you up!" She couldn't be more fake, huh? 

Haruno: "Oh? If it isn't Y/N-kun. You two go on a date yet?~ I'll bet you did, lucky little guy!~" She began nudging me with her shoulder, making witty comments and assumptions. At the moment, it was more annoying than anything else.   

Yui: "U-Um... Y/N doesn't like that!" She grabbed me by my arm and pulled me away from Haruno. 

Y/N: "Yuigahama-san...!" She held onto my arm, and had suddenly gotten really defensive over me. She had a small blush plastered on her face as well, for some peculiar reason. 

Haruno looked at Yuigahama with judging eyes, and she asked Yuigahama with a condescending voice, 

Haruno: "Are you... Y/N-kun's girlfriend?" 

Yui: "N-No! I'm Yuigahama Yui and I'm just his... classmate..." She finished that sentence with a sad tone. Did she despise being just classmates? She could've just said we're friends, I don't think it was that big of a deal.

Haruno: "Just in his class?"

Yui: "Y-Yes!" 

Haruno: "Oh, thank goodness! I thought you may have been getting in Yukino-chan's way!~ Don't lay a finger on Y/N-kun, kay? He's Yukino-chan's!" 

Y/N & Yukino: "We're not!" 

Haruno: "See? They're in sync!" She was getting kind of annoying at this point. It seems that someone else shared this feeling too. 

Sensei: "Haruno, cut it out." Haruno side-stepped to get in Hiratsuka-sensei's view. 

Haruno: "Long time no see, Shizuka-chan!"