Chapter 9: Summer Vacation Part 2

A few hours later...

Almost no one had left their cabins as of yet, the only people that had left were Hachiman and Totsuka. Some time later though, I saw Yukino leave her cabin. She closed the door in thought, probably trying to resolve the whole situation with Tsurumi. Still wondering, I decided to confront her about it. I walked up to her, and she was very aware that I was coming, but didn't seem too bothered by it. 

Yukino: "Hey." 

Y/N: "Whatcha thinking about?"

Yukino: "...Last night, when you left to go into your cabin, the rest of us were still discussing what to do about the little girl... However, I would have preferred if you would have stayed."

Y/N: "What happened?" 

She took a deep breath before continuing. 

Yukino: "Miura-san started crying, our debate escalated, in the end, we didn't find a solution on how to help the little girl." That's the exact reason why I left. 

Y/N: "I thought that would happen." 

Yukino: "*nods* Yes, but... in the end, it was a big waste of time. I just wish I had seen it sooner, like you did. Speaking of, how did you know it was going to be like that." 

Y/N: "I've been through a lot of arguments. Some about myself, some about other people. In the end, I never said anything. I didn't debate against them, I didn't say what I thought about the situation, I just let them talk and talk and talk." 

Yukino, understandably, looked confused and angered at me. 

Yukino: "Why didn't you say something? If you knew they were wrong, or if what you had to say could've been valid, why didn't you talk back?" 

Y/N: "The argument would have ended with both parties being more angry than before. It's like war, no one really wins in the end." 

Yukino , seemingly understanding why I wouldn't want to escalate an argument, which is probably what caused Yumiko-san to end up crying, let it go. 

Y/N: "*sigh* Well, anyway, what else happened?"

Yukino: "...We still need to find out how to help that little girl..." 

Some time later...

Everyone had left their cabins at this point. While I would THINK that they would be responsible and continue to help the little kids, especially the little girl, it appears that everyone seemed to drop that thought. Sensei informed us that we should get the cosmetics ready as well as the atmosphere ready for the "Test of Courage" that would be happening that night. Our goal is to basically scare the children and see which one is the bravest. There was also a campfire that we would be doing that night. We all headed out and started working on building the campfire and the area that we would be working with. 

Totsuka: "C'mon, Y/N! Put your back into it!"

Y/N: "My back hurts."