S2 Chapter 4: Chocolate Date

Y/N: "This is an awfully late time for you to call me here." 

Hayama: "I'm sure you can figure out why I called you. It's you, after all." 

Y/N: "...You need a favor." 

Hayama: "Yeah... Unfortunately." 

We stood on a dirt path, close by a bridge that connected the lands that were divided by a river. The multi-colored trees shed their leaves on the floor because of the cold, as I kept a good distance between myself and Hayama. 

The time was nearing 18:00 (6:00 pm), but it was still early enough where you could see the sun setting in the distance.

He never took his eyes off the river that was in front of us, not until I spoke. 

Y/N: "You're being extremely unhelpful in this whole ordeal with Tobe and Ebina." 

Hayama: "Am I?" He smiled playfully, as he turned his gaze to me. "It's not my intention." 

Y/N: "...That's a lie, and you know it. You're even going as far as to interfere with them both." 

Hayama: "I just like things the way they are right now. I like Tobe and Ebina, and our current relationship." 

"If I'm trying to bring them closer together, is your current relationship that good to begin with? Clearly not, since you despise the idea of Tobe's love for her." 

"You might be right, but... what's lost won't ever come back." He turned his face away from me, drawing his attention back to the water. "I don't want to lose what we have."

"What do you have? That superficial relationship? I think it's pretty sad for you to be latching onto something that could fall apart so easily." 

He balled his hands into a fist as he spoke. 

Hayama: "It's not superficial... My life right now is everything to me. I don't want to see it change." 

Y/N: "And what about Tobe? Have you stopped to consider that maybe he wants things to change?"

Hayama: "I've told him, OVER AND OVER again, to GIVE UP... I just... can't see Ebina opening her heart to him right now." 

Y/N: "That's pretty selfish, you know. To stop your friend's relationship with someone else because YOU think differently. Just to fit YOUR convenience-"

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO!?" He walked closer to me as he screamed in my face. 

"...What I would do doesn't matter. Tobe and I are two different people, with different emotions and different feelings."

I turned around to get his face out of my view. 

"And if you scream at me like that again, I'll drop your favor just as quickly as you give it to me."