Side Story: Calling in Sick

Sensei: "Yukinoshita-san called in sick today."

Y/N: "Seriously?"

I was sitting in the club room. Hachiman, Yuigahama, and I were all there, however the infamous Yukino wasn't. There had been a metric ton of work that had been given to us, it seems that it caught up to her in the end.

Y/N: "*sigh* Just as spring break is starting, huh?" It really isn't our fault that the teacher's were behind with work.

Sensei: "The work isn't over either. I need you to deliver her homework that she missed today." She placed a small stack of papers on the table.

The teachers ended up giving us a large amount of work and tests to do during the week that it became a hassle for everyone. However, I guess I'm more surprised that Yukino wasn't able to handle it all. She seems like the person that would be able to ace all of these activities...

Sensei: "Y/N-kun, it's none of my business about what your relationship with Yukinoshita-san is. However, I find it that you should see if she's okay." She gave me a warm smile. It's not everyday that she asks a favor of me. Plus I would be lying if I said I didn't care for Yukino either.

However, Sensei knows Yukino better than I do. So I guess that reassuring Sensei would benefit her more than I.

Y/N: "I'll do what I can for her."

Sensei: "Perfect. I'm counting on you, Y/N-kun."

She closed the door as she left the club room.

Yui: "U-Umm... N/N?"

Y/N: "Mm?"

Yui: "Would you mind if I went to join you with Yukino? I worry about her as well..."

Y/N: "Of course, do you think we could see her tonight? We have some homework we need to pass on over to her anyway."

"Yeah!"

Timeskip to around ~20:00

Yui: "Y-Yukinon, you there?"

She pressed a button on a wall, which basically rang a bell and made audio go through the speaker. Some time passed, but no sound was heard.

Y/N: "Maybe she's out? Or she's pretending to not be there..."

I went up to the speaker.

Y/N: "Yukino, open up. I have some things for you." Not only did I have the homework, I made some tea for her so she could feel a little better.

There was no noise for a few seconds, before her voice on the speaker was finally heard.

Yukino: "Y/N...?" Her voice was deep and raspy. She spoke quietly to avoid any damage to her vocal cords, however it was clear she wasn't doing to well.

Y/N: "Yukino, Yuigahama and I are here for you. Open the door, won't ya?"

Yukino: "..." There was some rustling on her side of the speaker, before the door to her room opened.

She wore a beige sweater that ran down to her knees. Her messy hair with the tiny ribbons connected on each side made her looks like she just had the worst sleep of her life or the best nap she's ever had.

Yukino: "Come on... in..." However it was clear that she didn't have the best nap.

Y/N: "Fuck's sake, it's pretty bad huh." I placed my hand on her forehead, trying to test her temperature