Chapter 12: The Passenger

Haruno: "I'm here representing my father, but it gets boring just saying hello to people all the time. It's nice to see you here, Y/N-kun." 

Y/N: "Yeah..." 

We were seated in an area that had little to no people in the area. We had a great view of the fireworks as well. We sat on a small bench with a red cloth layered over it. 

I sat inbetween the two girls, with Yuigahama being on my left and Haruno being on the right. This situation, I wouldn't say is foreign, but it definitely is strange to me how they are taking all of this so lightly. 

Sure, my father was a wealthy person, but now that I realize he wasn't really there for support, almost at all, it kinda makes this moment a little bit special. 

Whenever I asked for toys the answer would always be, "No, it's too expensive." So most of the time I just kept to myself, never really going out to fancy places or nice restaurants. 

Haruno: "Ehehe~ You look a little surprised, Y/N-kun." 

Y/N: "Well, I don't usually get this kind of luxury... ever." 

Haruno: "They call this the VIP seating. Most people can't get in here."

Yui: "She's rich...!" 

Haruno: "Sort of. My father's work has a lot of influence at these locally organized events." The Yukinoshita family must be really something, huh? 

Haruno: "But besides that... cheating isn't nice, you know..." She said, playfully. I'm assuming she was referring to me and Yuigahama. 

Y/N: "I'm not cheating." 

Haruno: "Ah, so it's serious, then? That's even more unforgivable!" She pulled on my ear.

Yui: "U-Umm...!" She called out to Haruno, trying to get her to stop hurting me. 

Haruno let go, and I cupped my ear in pain. 

Haruno: "You're, um... something-gahama-chan, wasn't it?" 

Yui: "Y-Yuigahama-desu." 

Haruno: "Ah! That's right. Sorry, sorry." 

Yui: "Yukinon isn't with you today?" 

"She's probably home. As the older sister, it's my job to attend these kind of things."

I refuse to believe Yukino isn't here. I know what I saw. She had to be here somewhere, maybe she was just blending in with the larger crowd. Whilst Haruno talked, I continued to look for Yukino. 

"It's been my mother's policy forever, for me to be the 'mascot', if you will. And you know, my mom is really tough and scary." 

Y/N: "More than Yukino?" 

Haruno: "Yukino-chan is scary?" She started to giggle after my little remark. 

Haruno: "That's rude of you, Y/N-kun! You feel that way about such a cute girl? Our mother is scarier than me." 

Y/N: "Is she even human?" 

"Ehe~ She makes all the decisions and tries to get everyone else to follow. All I can do is compromise, but Yukino-chan isn't good at that kinda thing." 

Yukino is pretty tame compared to her older sister and her mom. I wouldn't want to get into anything with them. Unfortunately, I already have.

Haruno: "Sooo, were you on a date today? Sorry if I interrupted." 

Yui: "N-No! It's nothing like that..." 

Haruno: "That nervous reaction makes me suspicious. But, if it was a date... Yukino... won't be chosen again."