Side Story: Warm Hands

This Side Story is dedicated to Kawasaki Saki  (just imagine the banner for this chapter without the old Kawasaki).

(✿╹◡╹)~~~

Kawasaki: "Kukuku~ Fall to my wrath!" 

Y/N: "Yeah! Get em'!" 

In middle school, me and Kawasaki had a strange little moment between ourselves. The cause of it is unknown, yet I continue to speculate that it may have been... love. 

Teacher: "Hey! Stop that right now!" 

Y/N: "Shoot... Kawasaki, run!"

We were in recess, picking on some little kid because they made fun of Kawasaki's friend. We didn't want to teacher to catch us of course, so we ran. 

As for where we ran, it wasn't exactly the best place... but I'm glad we ended up running there. It was the middle of december, so there was already snow falling from the sky. 

We ran out of school and across the block to get into the playground. 

It was just across the street, and we went there all the time so I guess we thought it was a safe space where they couldn't catch us... 

Y/N: "In here!" 

Kawasaki: "Coming!" She ran close behind me.

I pointed to the inside of the playground area, where there was a little spot we could hide in. Crawling through the tube, we stopped in the middle of it to catch our breath. There was a small window placed on the side of the tube, so we could see that state of the snow that was coming down.

Kawasaki: "*pant* Thank goodness we... *pant* made it away..." 

The snow, along with our bodies being under-capable of handling such a run in the freezing temperature, made it difficult to catch our breath. It was as if someone had frozen our lungs. 

Y/N: "*shiver* Y-Yeah... T-Thank g-g-goodness..." I shook in place, attempting to breath hot air into my glove-less hands. 

Kawasaki: "Wait a minute... You don't have gloves? That's dangerous, y'know?" 

Y/N: "I-I'm fine... *shiver*" I said it as if it was going to make me look any stronger, yet it just made me look stupid.

Kawasaki: "Here..." 

She took off her gloves, but instead of handing them to me, she put them off to the side. Instead, she placed her hands over my own, letting me feel the warmth of her palms over my frostbitten fingers.

I interlocked our fingers so that the warmth could spread inbetween the fingers as well, as I felt her hands getting... warmer? Looking up to Kawasaki, she had a red face.

Y/N: "Are you alright? Did you catch a cold?" Worried I pressed my hands and against her cheek and her forehead.

Yet, I wasn't expecting her face to be so warm. 

Y/N: "W-Woah... Kawasaki, you're so hot!" 

Kawasaki: "Y/N...!" 

I moved myself closer to her face, trying to take some of the warmth for myself. 

Kawasaki: "Y/N... W-What are you doing?" 

Y/N: "I just want your warmth." I didn't really think about how embarrassing the situation was at that moment...

I snuggled my face up against her's, pressing our cheeks and foreheads together.

Kawasaki: "Y/N..." She voice suddenly became quiet. 

It was at this moment I finally realized how embarrassing the whole thing was. I quickly pulled away, profusely apologizing to her.

Y/N: "I-I'm sorry... I didn't realize what I was doing and... and..." I attempted to come up with an excuse.

Kawasaki: "Kukuku~..." 

She was laughing at me. I looked up to her confused, but she had a smug smile, along with her tomato red blush. 

Kawasaki: "You should see your face right now..." 

Y/N: "...Eh?" 

I felt my face to find that my cheeks were suddenly hot too. It felt good to press my fingers against my face, warming them up once more. Finally, my fingers weren't that cold anymore, besides the fingertips. 

Kawasaki had put her gloves back on, as she crossed her legs. She took a big yawn before resting her back against the tube. Her yawn caused me to yawn, making me tired as well. I saw that Kawasaki seemed to be shivering from the freezing temperature, so I moved next to her.

I laid myself against her, attempting to produce some sort of body warmth, which is dumb because body warmth requires your BODIES to be touching each other, not with clothes over. But I didn't know that at the time, so I just wrapped my arms around her and laid my head against her head as well. 

Kawasaki: "..." She didn't seem to protest, she just seemed confused.

However, she ended up putting her arms around myself as well, laying her head against mine. 

We were both tired, yet I didn't feel like wanting to fall asleep. This is the part where I felt something that was close to love... I wanted to be with her at that time, not to sleep and wake up, but to be with her at that moment forever. I didn't want to sleep because I wanted to feel her presence forever...

It must've been love.

Teacher: "Hey! Come here you!" My teacher suddenly grabbed onto my leg, pulling me out of the tube.

Since my arms were around Kawasaki, I ended up dragging her out too. The teacher grabbed us by the ears, pulling us back to the campus. 

I never found out if she felt the same way. All I know is that, at that moment, I was in love. 

Sorry for the... holy shit it's been 20+ days without an update :/ 

I was working on the other story, Traumatic Benevolence (read it) and I have a lot of ideas that I want to put in it, yet I don't really have the time (however, I certainly have the motivation for it). 

Despite that, I'll get a new chapter out for this story by the end of the week. 

<3