c h a p t e r - 5

𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯e 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯, 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰.

***

ANNIKAS POV-

"Did you hear that Annika has been selected for the dance groups captain". The girl with red hair spoke.

"Yeah, I heard that there was some dance off between her and Sophia," the other one spoke.

"And Sophia lost really easily". Red haired spoke and started laughing and the other one joined soon.

I frowned as I was confused, these girls are Sophias friends, right? Then why are they making fun of her behind her back.

Also, that Annika has been selected in a group project with the Alex's group.

Again, the red-haired spoke, looks like she was the gossiper of the school.

Honestly, I don't understand how few girls have almost every single detail of what is going around in the school.

Like we already get a bunch of assignments to cover but still few girls or boys, after all only girls don't gossip, they always have information about what is going on with everyone.

I have read somewhere that '𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'. This isn't accurate every time because you know besties also gossips among themselves.

But still many times, this is true. I quickly got out and saw those two girls eyes widened, well I didn't say anything and just got out of the washroom.

After that the other classes went on in a blur with nothing interesting happening.

After school I saw the boys leaning on their lockers and just talking, but their eyes came in me and I smiled a little and waved.

Noah and Lucas got a little too excited I suppose.

"HI ANNIKA", said Lucas, more like shouted.

All the kids started looking at us while I said sorry to everyone.

Then I glared at him while he and the rest of the boys were amused and didn't had any effect of my stupid glare.

Soon Blair joined me. After what seemed like years I reached home.

After freshing up, I wore a black floral print long sleeve top with skinny jeans.

Now I got a message from Alex about the cafés location. And I also asked if I can bring Blair with me. He immediately replied yes.

I called Blair and asked her to come with me. In a few minutes she was outside of my house.

We both had a singing battle in the car and honestly both of us sounded like dying ducks.

Still, we do it every time not minding the weird looks thrown to us by adults. We reached there in 10 minutes.

And it is such a cute café. It was kind of a book café and my attention was immediately drawn towards the books, totally forgetting why I am here at the first place.

Until I heard Blair whisper-yelling at me for getting distracted.

I just smiled sheepishly. And she shook her head fighting off the smile on her face. She knows how much I love books.