c h a p t e r - 30

"Love isn't having butterflies all the time. I think love is calm. I could sit in silence with you for the rest of our lives and it would mean more than a thousand words with anyone else."

***

It was a tiring journey back home. We reached school at around midnight.

And soon the school grounds were filled with students here and there.

I looked around for Astoria and Blair. They were walking like old ladies and I'm sure almost everyone looked similar.

I was leaning on Alex as my back faced his front and he placed one hand around my waist while watching his phone from the other so I was completely at a comfortable spot but I was sleepy.

Most of the kids were to go home by themselves.

It was chaotic but the teachers managed to keep everyone under control. Our group was standing around us.

I looked up as the clouds covered the sky, hiding all the stars.

Finally, we were allowed to leave and also asked to report to our main teacher as soon as we reached home.

Noah and Lucas were to take Astoria and Blair with them.

While I was going with Alex, of course.

I waved laughing as Blair almost fell while hopping like a rabbit.

Alex walked over to the passenger door and opened it then looked back at me.

I was on the call with mom as I walked over and got in.

Then he shut the door and walked around to his side, getting in and starting the car before pulling out of the parking lot of the school.

He placed his hand on my thigh and I played with rings on his fingers as he drove.

I informed mom that I was on the way and would reach in 10 minutes or so.

She sounded worried since it was pretty late now.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Alex asked glancing at me for a second before focusing back on the road.

"Um, I dunno," I said shrugging.

"Maybe going to the library and then a cafe," I said.

"All right, save a seat for me." He said as the car came to a stop.

I nodded with a small smile on my face. He got out and came to my side opening the door.

He gave his hand and I got out placing my hands in his. He got my bags till the entrance of the house.

Then he leaned down, his lips leaving mine just as fast they came, as he pecked my lips. My heart still fluttered though.

Moving back his lips tugged up slightly as he said softly, "Good night love."

I smiled warmly and waved saying," Good night." And he went over to his car after making sure I went in.

I locked the car as the car's voice faded in a distance.

Moving in I kept my bag in the corner since it was heavy and also since I'm tired and lazy.

I cheerfully went in ready to tell almost all details about the trip.

But as I entered the room they were working and looked extremely tired.

I sighed and went in as my mom smiled making space next to her for me.

"Hey," she said as I sat next to her.

'I missed you guys." I said hugging her tightly.

"Same osito," she said ruffling my hair.