c h a p t e r - 22

The worst part about almost anything self-destructive is that its so intimate. You become so close with your addictions and illnesses that leaving them behind is like killing the part of yourself that taught you how to survive.

***

The Art Museum is absolutely beautiful. It has so many beautiful arts as well as it has provided every information regarding the artist who drew it.

I knew a few of those artists since I did a course in my last summer holidays which solely taught us about arts and artists and books.

All which I love.

And Alex seemed to be lost in them. I now came to know that his dad was an art professor in the biggest university in our country.

Because of which his father used to take him to different museums every time he went out of the city.

He developed an interest in it and now he loves art.

Maybe because it reminds him of the beautiful time he had with his father.

Whatever it may be the reason but art is something that can capture any human.

Apart from this, my other classmates were bored out of their minds since many of them werent interested in them.

And especially lost their interest when our teachers gave us a bunch of assignments regarding the arts just to make sure that every kid pays attention.

That was a smart move.

Also, since one of our teachers friends was the caretaker or kinda head of the museum, he gave us few pages about every art that was present over there.

Alright, so even if I love this art and all but still this is making me scared that everywhere we go, we have to do a bunch of writing which is extremely tiring.

I looked worriedly over Blair and Astoria only to see them looking at each other with the same expression.

I laughed internally at how our teachers can make us stressed on our fun trip.

Mean.

After having a fun stressful trip in the museum, we were given a whole map of the city and were asked to make groups of 6.

And then we were asked to plan our destination by ourselves and come back before 7 at night.

Giving us 4 hours to enjoy ourselves with our group. Luckily our group formed with all our friends.

We were already having a pretty hard time deciding and time was also going wasted when Astoria thought about going to this small waterfall kinda thing which is a pretty popular tourist place.

And no one seemed to have any problem with it so we went on with the plan.

We got a new problem which was how to get there since we didn't have our cars with us and all of us totally forgot about it.

"Um, guys you can call a taxi or something...Have all of your brains stopped working at the same time?" some guy who I have seen many times in my maths class but never have seemed to know his name speaks confused at our confusion.

"Oh right, thanks," Noah replied chuckling nervously.

Is it weird that I only know the names of people that I seem to associate with or just do something so that the teacher recognizes him or her?

Or else I don't know the names of my classmates and even when Blair or Astoria are telling me about some recent news I seem to not know most of the people like the mind-boggling human or alien I am.

Alex and Lucas were nowhere to be found until I called Alex that we are gonna leave both of them if they doesn't come in 5 minutes.

And as expected none of them take my warning seriously and came after 15 minutes with guilty smiles.

We booked 2 cabs after I called Alex.

So the cabs were on their way by the time they came.

"So all the girls are gonna be sitting together and us three together. Alright?" Noah said looking at both of the other guys questionably.

Both of them nodded as I saw Lucas being a little too excited for some reason.

As the others moved ahead to wait outside our hotel for the cabs, Alex pulled me in the corner.

Before I could question him, his lips were on mine.

He kissed me passionately as my hands moved from his chest to around his neck. He pulled away but didn't move back or either lessen his hold on me.

Resting his forehead against mine he gave me a really cute small smile with his dimples popping out.

I squealed internally at how pretty they were.

"The university my father taught at....they are also giving me a scholarship," he said softly his eyes filled with happiness.

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"That is wonderful," I said smiling.

"I know right but this time not only because of football but also cause of the competition that they recently conducted for English literature," he said making my eyes wide.

"Did you win it?" I asked not able to hide my excitement as that means he won a national competition, which mind you is not at all easy.

And can you believe my boyfriend won a National Competition.

I am so excited as if I won it. He nodded grinning at my excitement.

"Oh my god," I said hugging him before giving him kisses all over his face.

"I'm so proud of you. Did you tell your mom?" I said almost jumping with excitement.

"Yes, she almost cried....though I'm sure that's what she is doing right now." he said his eyes softening.

"I should've gotten this news at home." he said regretfully, "We could've celebrated with mom."

''We can wait until we get back home so you can celebrate with her." I said.

His eyes shine were back as soon as I gave this idea.

"That's what we will do now lil'one." he said kissing my forehead before intertwining our hands as we went out to join the others.

"Finally they are free." commented Lucas as soon as he saw us coming.

Others laughed at this. While Alex rolled his eyes at his comment choosing to ignore it.

And in 2 minutes our cab was here.

All of us got in them ready to have the fun of the few hours that are left before the first day of our trip ends.

***

Hello readers.....

You know sometimes I totally forget about my characters....as to what were their feature and all that. And I even got confused between who was Lucas and Noah. And I feel so embarrassed reading my old chapters sometimes...I'm like What the hell was I thinking? I'm such a cringe writer.

Does this happen to you to other writers who are reading my story? Or am I just a weird human?

Also if I go lost some time from Wattpad....it could be because of my exams that are soon. So I hope you understand and bear with me and continue with this journey of these lovely characters.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘢

;)