c h a p t e r - 16

'Do you ever have a perfect daydream, but then it starts to hurt because you realize you've filled it with all the things missing from your life and you're suddenly hit with the fact that it's not real.'

***

And starts the new week......and guess what I'm late.

Oh well...I'm not even surprised.

I quickly get up when I see the time on my phone. I'm so dead.

I was getting a call, which woke me up. Aah, that human is a life savior.

Oh, it's Alex.

"You're late," he said as if already used to it.

"Of course I didn't know that," I said sarcastically.

He chuckled at that.

"I'm out," he said and cuts the call leaving me confused.

I quickly got a shower and wore black high waist jeans with a purple pastel crop top. Wearing my black sneakers I ran out not caring about eating something.

Always been careless about this.

I saw that no one was home which means both of them have already left for their work.

I locked the door and squinted my eyes at the blazing sun shining right at me.

I saw Alex's car and quickly walked towards it. He was out and opened my side's door, then opening his and starting the car.

He passed me a packet of my favourite café.

"It's my favorite," I said breaking out in a full-blown smile at his thoughtfulness.

He stole a glance at me and a small smile formed on his lips too. We reached the school and weren't even that late.

10 minutes late is like a daily routine for me now.

And because of it, I'm usually greeted with a quiet hallway. I had physics first today.

I groaned since I didn't wanna study physics in the early morning.....Luckily Alex was with me.

At least I could constantly annoy him for the whole period.

He knew from my face that I didn't wanna go to the class but he simply shook his head and dragged me to the class.

I huffed and quietly entered the class. Completely ignoring the death glares given by our teacher.

She knew it did not affect me so she simply rolled her eyes and continued whatever she was teaching.

After few hours came lunchtime.

Finally...

"Come on," Alex said intertwining our hands and taking me towards the cafeteria.

And there were my friends. Noah, Lucas, Astoria, and Blair were already sitting together.

"Heya," Astoria said to me before focusing back on the chess game she was playing with Noah.

"Ah, finally you are here," Blair whined.

Noah rolled his eyes eating his burger and fries.

"Did you see the notice?" She asked.

"What notice?" I said confused.

"You didn't see the notice?" Astoria asked removing her attention momentarily from her game.

"Nope," I said seeing how Alex played with my ring while talking with Lucas.

"What is it about?" I asked not much curious about it.