c h a p t e r - 28

"Every time she laughs, she hopes he's watching, hoping that he will fall for her smile just as hard as she fell for his"

***

"Wait... what?" I said sitting up from my lying position while on a call with mom.

"Is it with Astoria?" I asked as I looked at Alex who was already looking my way with curious eyes.

"Alright thank you so much. Love ya I'll be home soon." I said gleaming with happiness.

"Yay, I got the dorm room," I said doing a little happy dance.

He chuckled seeing me like this. We have like one more day stay here and then back to our city and daily routine.

And by the time I reach mom and dad will be ready to leave for the new place.

Most probably they'll go to meet my little brother and give him an early birthday gift.

I also wanna visit him but at the present, we are gonna have some exams right after we reach back home.

I quietly move towards when Alex was sitting, on the couch.

He was playing a video game on the laptop with the guys.

"I'm gonna go to Astoria's room," I said softly bending down to give him a quick peck.

He frowned," You're going right now?" I nodded at which he gently held me placing me on his lap.

He continued playing the game but kept his chin on my shoulder.

My heart thumped at an unusual rate and I wondered if I was gonna faint.

Both of his hands went through my waist holding me and back on the game. His hands made contact with my bare skin since I was wearing a cropped hoodie.

Making goosebumps rise on my skin.

This tiny action wouldn't mean that much to anyone but it made me almost get a heart attack.

Keeping me in the place but his concentration went back on the game.

"Go a little later?" he said as if asking a question but he already placed me as if he isn't gonna leave me soon.

"You have caged me," I said turning a little to look at his face and squinted my eyes.

"So?" he said looking at me innocently.

Our lips were dangerously close making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I giggled as his friends yelled from the game. He rolled his eyes at them and kissed me softly.

He then joined the game again and I looked around for my phone.

It was on the bed though. Pouting I quietly watched his video game.

"You wanna play?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said and grinned when he gave me the laptop.

ALEX POV-

She played way better than I thought but kinda my team almost lost.

She looked at me sheepishly and laughed pressing her face on my chest to suppress the sound of her giggling at the shouting everyone did at me while it was clearly lil'one's fault.

After some time she got bored and slept and I have no idea how she can sleep in such a noisy place.

My friend's voices were clearly audible from the headphone I was wearing.

And somehow the curse words were clearer.

"Fucking idiots shut up," I said whisper yelling.

"If any of you speak I'll come in your rooms and break your bones," I said rolling my eyes at their whining.

A few minutes later I shut the game and looked at her.

I carried her towards the bed, she cutely snuggled into my shoulder.

She stirred around before holding the pillow and continuing with her sleep.

I smiled giving her a peck on the forehead before going out of the room to call mom.

A few minutes later I saw Annika getting out of the room.

She walked over to me as I was leaning on the wall on the call with mom.

"Nah she just woke up," I said to her as she kept asking about Annika.

Annika's eye widened as she was near me now and could hear the voice from another side.

She hugged my waist and placed her head on my chest as I talked on the phone.

And I swear to god for a moment I forgot to breathe. I kept my chin on her head as I felt something was wrong.

Ending the call I caressed her back.

"What's wrong?" I said as she shook her head in response.

Pulling away just so I could see her face I saw dried tears on her cheek.

Wiping them I looked at her as new tears seemed to blur her eyes.

I panicked seeing this and feeling as if my heart was being stabbed.

"I got a nightmare of you leaving me...." she said before wiping her eyes herself.

"I'm sorry for making you worried," she said before giving a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm not leaving you, love....." I said.

The words 'I love you' almost being said but I stopped myself.

I have no idea why I don't dare to say these words to her.

But maybe one day I'll have the courage to say it.

I just hope it's not too late when it does.

I held her hands.

Kissing her knuckles I moved closer to her, bending down placing us at eye level, her eyes closed.

"How do you want me to tell you that I can't leave you...?"

I'll always want you....even if there comes a time when you don't.

She sighed opening her eyes and looking at me.

"Promise," she said almost as a whisper.

"Promise love," I said as she smiled a tiny bit before her lips made contact with mine.

It was a small kiss as she pulled away in an instant. But it didn't seem enough. I again kissed her.

The first one was a small, fleeting kiss that was immediately followed by a passionate, hungry kiss.

It was a kiss, followed by more that trail down the jaw and neck.

I wanted more.

I wanted her.

I want to feel her skin on fire.

Her heart racing next to mine and I want to know it's racing like that because of me.

I want all of it.

***

Hello readers.....um excuse my late upload. But I had a pretty tough time getting my thoughts together.

And I deeply love these characters for some reason so I wanna write something beautiful.

I hope you like this chapter and if you do make sure to give this story a star and comment down below what you think about this chapter.

My exams went by smoothly I guess... I survived haha. Anyways take care lovelies.

And I will upload soon I swear.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘢

;)