c h a p t e r - 26

'I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.'

- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

***

It was around 8:30 when I got a call from Alex.

He asked where we were and I told him that we were in a thrift store, telling the exact location.

"The guys and I will be at the restaurant somewhere around it...come here when you're done," he said to which I replied with a small alright.

He messaged me the location and I asked the girls if they were done.

"Today is not Halloween Blair, keep that dress down," I warned glaring at her.

Smiling sheepishly she kept the corpse bride kind of dress down and went over to see what Astoria was doing.

And after convincing them that we should be going now if they don't want me to kindly kill them, they sighed dramatically getting up and taking the few dresses we had bought from a few stores before.

We exited the store talking and laughing about some irrelevant things.

We reached the restaurant in like 5 minutes. I saw the guys and Alex talking about something.

Blair and Astoria ran yelling at them for being gone for a whole day.

I looked around to see everyone looking at us with weird looks.

The boys stood amused but also used to our weirdness and all.

Blair went over to Lucas kissing him on the cheeks before sitting down and looking at the menu.

Lucas froze and smiled shyly before sitting down next to her.

Astoria and I laughed at him for being so shy. I also strolled towards Alex.

He was lost in thoughts staring at me before I wrapped my hands around him.

"I totally didn't miss you," I said pouting slightly leaning on his chest.

"Right...I totally believe you," he said before kissing on top of my head.

I glared at him before sighing. Both of us sat down and looked through the menu.

"Guys let's eat fast I'm sleepy," I said rubbing my eyes tiredly. (That's what I'm doing right now..lol)

Alex took my hand intertwining them and placing them on my lap.

When it was asked to everyone what they wanted to eat, I looked at Alex asking him to decide for me too.

He raised one of his eyebrows questionably before realizing what I meant.

Nodding he ordered whatever he thought I'd like and I smiled giving him a small peck as a thank you.

While waiting for the food all of us girls told what we did the whole day and also already announced what we have plans for the next day.

Then since Blair and Astoria were talking to Lucas and Alex, I also asked Alex why did his practice go so late.

He then told me that somehow...he doesn't know how the coach's friend seemed to get impressed by the team.

And you know what someone does when they are impressed...make them work 100 times hard.

I mean that's what he made the team do.

Even if they were at the practice earlier than intended, the practice didn't start until 2 or 3 hours late since some other schools were also there for the same purpose.