c h a p t e r - 36

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is that things are being loved and the people are being used. "

***

A week and few days later:

ALEX POV-

"Fuck off," I said glaring at Lucas who in return just grinned.

"He's grumpy because he hasn't seen her for a whole week," Noah said making me raise my hand holding 2 fingers.

"You have fucking 2 seconds," I said and he understood running away before I kill him.

Annika had to suddenly go over to the nearby city for some state-level competition.

Since we were on a trip another student was sent in her place to the competition.

Suddenly the other girl couldn't go and she was asked.

And I hadn't seen her for a fucking whole week.

At least she'll come back today.

I sighed before looking at the sky.

It was covered with dark clouds which meant it would be raining today.

I ran a hand through my hair realizing we'd have to finish today's practice soon or else we'll be drenched.

I hope she comes back before it rains.

*****

Though I planned to go in before it rained, we only got in after it started raining.

All of us had been soaked. I got out not bothering to go shower since I had to go home anyway.

Plus I forgot to keep an extra pair of clothes.

I saw the message Annika sent.

-I'm back.

-It's raining.

-Should I go out?

-Don't get drenched.

I got in the car and called her worried she didn't actually go out. Knowing her I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

She picked almost immediately.

"Yes, my love." She said softly making my heart skip a beat.

Jesus christ that wor-

I narrowed my eyes as I realized something.

"Did you go out?" I asked and she sneezed making me confirm my assumption.

"Oh maybe." I could already imagine her sheepish smile as she said that.

Muttering a few curses I started the car and placed her phone on speaker.

"Don't tell me you also got in the rain," she mumbled upset.

It is me actually who should be upset not the other way around.

For god's sake, I didn't do it intentionally.

Or maybe I did if technically put-

"We were practicing," I said rolling my eyes as I heard her mimicking me.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" she asked hopefully and I sighed.

"Maybe," I said and she whined.

I was already annoyed as I hadn't seen her in the whole week.

As soon as I reached home I got in my room to get a shower.

Wearing just sweatpants I lay on the bed scrolling through my phone.