c h a p t e r - 9

I like depth. I like when I look at something and feel it in my heart.

I like when I read a sentence with few words and feel like I'm drowning.

I'm not a masochist or a sadist, I just enjoy the quiet reminders that my heart does more than pump blood.

***

The other day we got a lot of staring from the kids in school, news spread pretty quick here.

Especially news of fights.

Even if they whispered some incoherent words, none of them came near me or Blair or even Astoria.

We asked Astoria yesterday if she would like to hang out with us, she had doubts about herself disturbing us but she agreed.

Suddenly someone caught my hand and pulled me backward.

I looked up with wide eyes, probably looking like a scared owl or something.

Anyways looking up I saw Alex smirking and I narrowed my eyes.

But my attention on him soon got interrupted when I saw my one hand was on his chest while the other was held by him.

My cheeks became their usual shade of crimson red when I saw his other hand on my waist which held me tightly.

"Hello, love". He said grinning, looking happy at the effect he has on me.

Oh well, two people can play this game of flirting.

But I dunno how to flirt, gotta take classes from Blair.

"Well, that was the closest I've ever been to heart attack, let's not do it again," I spoke glaring at him.

He just chuckled and moved a little so now both of his hands were on my waist.

"I'll keep that in mind." He replied as his eyes shone with amusement.

"You better", I said squinting my eyes at him.

He laughed at my behavior.

"You are so adorable". He said smiling softly which made me blush.

"Alright alright, we have a class to attend," Blair spoke while Astoria giggled.

The boys also came out of nowhere and Lucas started bickering with Blair.

Then I saw Noah flirting with Astoria while she looked like a cute red tomato.

"We have a weird set of friends", I said looking back at Alex only to find him looking back at me with a small smile.

"Yeah" he nodded then rolling his eyes at Lucas who was being chased by Blair.

Soon the bell rang indicating that we need to get to our classes.

Alex had the same class as me so we both went towards our class while the others made their way to theirs.

The whole school hours passed pretty quickly and we had planned to meet outside a nearby café just to hang out.

"No that's stupid," Justin spoke frowning.

So here the boys are having a conversation about cars.

But they sound like they are talking about a cure to some disease.

I rolled my eyes at their behavior and focused on the girls' talk.

Astoria was much more talkative now and she and Blair were having a conversation about some aesthetic outfits.