c h a p t e r - 31

'I took whatever you had for me even if that was hatred, antagonism, your obvious dislike, anything if that gave me a few minutes with you every day.

Of that put me on your mind, even for a little while.

Because it was all you were willing to give me And I'd rather have you hate me than not have you at all.'

***

"Hey," he said as his eyes met mine.

I smiled brightly remembering I will have to tell him about coming to my house tomorrow.

I think mom figured out he's not just a 'friend'.

I saw as he tilted his head in confusion because I didn't say anything.

Oh sorry, Alex I was busy talking to myself, I thought.

I ignored his questionable gaze and moved ahead closing the front door so that my mom could stop peeking to look at him.

I nodded my head before he could ask the question if I was okay.

He nodded unsurely and placed his hand forward.

I put mine in his feeling as his warmth engulfed me. Today was chilly weather so I moved closer to him as he was all warm.

We reached his car and he opened the passenger door as I got in.

Shutting the car door he walked around to his side and got in before starting that car.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking at him.

"First to my house and then the library you've been geeking about," he said as the corners of his mouth tipped up.

I got distracted by that almost smile but only for a moment.

"You're house?" I questioned. He hummed not saying anything further.

I sat straight silently only for some time.

I huffed mentally realizing I don't have anything to talk about. I pointed at the radio silently asking to play it.

He nodded and the car was filled with Taylor Swift's music.

I hummed softly along with her. We reached his house in a few more minutes due to morning traffic on Sunday.

The car soon came to a stop and Alex got out coming to my side.

After locking the car he unlocked the front door.

"Is your Mom not home?" I asked as he switched on the lights of the hall.

"She left for the hospital...." he said leaning on the kitchen wall as I looked around.

It had been some time since I last came here.

"Sit...I'll cook," he said pushing himself from the wall turned towards the door before something stopped him and he came towards me.

I nodded looking anywhere but him as for some unknown reason heat rose to my cheeks.

Ah, must be some mental problem as my body is defying me.

God, I hate it. You know how it's hard to ignore his presence for a longer time.

Oh wait, you don't know.

Hehe...

My eyes met his and saw how he had a tiny smirk was formed on his face.

My legs immediately took a step back as he came closer.

And god knows how the space of this kitchen grew smaller. He cornered me in front of the counter.