c h a p t e r - 6

I've never done anything but dream. This, and this alone, has been the meaning of my life. My only real concern has been my inner life.
            -Fernando Pessoa, The book of Disquiet

***

"Come on tell me what should we order??"

Blair asked me while looking at her phone and going through the online food stores.

We forgot to take food while coming back from the cute café as we were busy talking about random things.

"I really have no idea, order whatever you want. But don't forget ice cream," I said and she nodded.

"Um, what kind of movie do you wanna watch today, and please don't do the same mistake as last time", I said making a cringed face while she also had the same expression and then we both started laughing at both of our weird clown faces.

Last time we decided to watch rom com for a change and unluckily we picked a pretty bad one.

And we HATED it. Its not like we both hate romance movies.

Even we love romance books.

After all both of us are book nerds.

We both are pretty hopeless romantic people, one of the many similarities we have, but still rom coms are pretty cliché sometimes.

So today I thought of picking horror one.

"How about horror one?" I asked making her look at me with wide eyes.

Guess someone hates horror movies.

Well, that makes two of us.

"But why ??' she asked looking at me with puppy dog eyes wanting to convince me to not watch horror one.

But being the stubborn idiot, I said, "because I want to and after all we haven"t watched horror ones together a single time".

She looked at me unsurely but then sighed and nodded.

I smiled in triumph and started searching for a good one.

"Well let's watch hereditary," and we both switched off the lights for the mood and then also got some snacks.

And as the movie continued, I realized what a scary one we picked.

Blair literally had a hand in front of her eyes but even with that she separated one finger near the eyes so that she can watch the movie even when she is afraid.

And I was also doing the same.

Oh my god!! Why did they need to specify the death so closely?

When the movie ended both of us were stunned, confused, scared a tiny bit.

okay maybe more than a tiny bit.

Blair looked at me and narrowed her eyes and, in that moment, I knew I'm dead.

She picked up the pillow next to her and now I knew what she was doing.

So, I also did the same. But I was a tiny second late.

And that is how Ladies and Gentlemen is how we started a pillow fight.

"It's you fault, who asked you to pick such kind of movie??" she said still hitting me.

"I don't know the cover looked scary maybe thats why."

I said smiling sheepishly and using two pillows for my defense while both of us were giggling in between.

"Oh god Annika, who does like this?" she said while still giggling at my stupidness.

"Hey don't laugh at me, did you forget its you who judge the books by the covers". I said making her fake gasp.

"I do it only few times though", she said pouting slightly.

Then we both started to laugh and kept the pillows aside, tired.

"Are you scared?", I asked Blair.

"No no, not at all. I mean what's there to be scared of?", she gave a laugh that sounded a little too nervous.

"Good, because there's a really scary looking something standing right behind you".

I said as a sound was heard from behind her making her eyes go impossibly big and she jumped from the bed falling on the ground shouting, "AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!." Making me laugh as tears formed in my eyes.

Actually, there is a small window where I saw a cute owl.

And then I thought of this mischievous idea, and now I will be chased by Blair around the whole house.

So gotta run.

And I was right, as soon as Blair came to her senses, she started chasing me all around the house.

"Okay I am sorry Blair, now I am tired". I said sitting on the couch, panting, tired of all the running.

She also sat beside me and hit me with a book on my head, making me groan.

I glared at her while she just smiled innocently.

We then got back in our rooms totally forgetting about the horror movie.

Then we started watching our phones. When I got a text from Alex.

'I already had your number'

'Then why haven't you texted me before if you already had it?'

'I wanted to ask you first.'

'Hm always a gentleman'

'Oh, now go to sleep, I will see you tomorrow.'

'Good night Alex'

'Good night lil'one'.

I blushed at that nickname and looked at Blair to see her looking at me confusedly.

***

Pretty soon the whole week passed by with nothing interesting happening apart from us sitting with the boys and they also got close to us in just a week.

There were rumors flying around as to why we were hanging out with 'The popular boys'.

Well, it didn't really matter cause none of the rumors affected the friendship we formed in such a short time.

Although the boys did get angry sometimes when the students crossed the limits.

Finally comes the day I was dreading, weekend.

It's not like I hate holidays but today we have to go in that stupid party.

Ughhh.... Can we not just cancel it please???.

***

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘢

;)