c h a p t e r - 12

'Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just "pretty". '

***

ALEX'S POV

"Astoria told me that you are going on a date with Annika," Lucas said grinning at me.

I just shrugged.

"You are a chatterbox when you are with her," he said pouting.

I raised an eyebrow at him and shrugged again dinking my coffee.

He glared at me and shook his head in disapproval getting back at the game he and others were playing.

While I was just sitting and thinking about what can I do to make the date more special.

We were at my house at the present.

After she said she was gonna go with Blair the guys asked to hang out.

I suppose it is seriously bad when you already start missing someone whom you met just 10 minutes ago?

I think it's the best feeling when I make her blush or laugh.

Her face literally lights up and she starts giggling and I get really happy that I was able to make someone so beautiful smile so much.

She makes things easier. I wish I never lose her. She doesn't know how special she is.

She's beautiful and funny and everything amazing that I will ever want in a person but the problem is that she doesn't see it.

I hate the looks the boys in our school give her when she is in the class or the corridor.

She never notices them and I see the way she sees herself.

The way she scrunches her tiny nose whenever she sees herself in the mirror.

The way she hides her body from jackets or cardigans by being self-conscious.

Sometimes I just wanna tell her all of the amazing things about her just so she appreciates how absolutely lovely she is.

I get out of my thoughts when I see someone's hand waving in front of me.

"Where were you?" Noah asked being the over-dramatic ass he is.

"In my dreamland, wanna join?" I asked annoyed at which he shakes his head and shoves the controller my way.

"Let's see if you can win this time," he said confidently of winning this time... exactly like the last time.

"Alright then, but if I win you are going to do what I say," I asked raising one of my eyebrows at which he frowned and seemed to be thinking hard.

"And if I win you'll pay for lunch for a month," he said grinning.

I rolled my eyes and nodded anyway.

"Alright then let's start the match." Lucas cheered.

Soon it was date time. I was kinda nervous about it.

As I have no idea how to make her like the date. But I am 80% sure that she will like it. Do girls like animals? I think so.

(Comment down and let me know if you do...)

I got ready and as soon as I reached her house I texted her telling her that I was there.

She came down with her friends I suppose but I didn't see them as I was too busy checking her out.