Taking it slow

"What are you doing here Chase?" Ryder asked his pup.

"You took a long time, so I went to the lookout balcony and spotted you coming back, but then you took another direction, so I decided to follow you." Chase explained.

"Oh." Ryder said.

Both Ryder and Chase watched the polar bear use it's sharp teeth to break free from the ropes that was tied onto it's front paws. Once the bear bit through the rope several times, he managed to walk freely without tripping over.

As Ryder and Chase watch the bear do it's thing, the bear started acting strange. The polar bear was digging it's paw into the ground, as if it was looking for something.

"What is the bear doing Ryder?" Chase asked his owner.

"I'm not sure Chase. It's almost like he's looking for something." Ryder replied to his pup.

That's when the polar bear's stomach started growling.

"I think he's hungry." Chase said.

"That's why he's acting up." Ryder added.

The two then looked around the pen fence and spotted a food bucket, but when Ryder checked the bucket it was empty.

"What now?" Asked Chase.

Ryder then looked over at the basket that had the food supplies he bought and spotted a container of blueberries.

Moments later...

"Ya hungry there?" Ryder kindly said to the polar bear, reaching out a hand full of blueberries.

This caught the bear's attention as it slowly walked over to Ryder and Chase. The bear then sniffed in inch away from reaching the blueberries in Ryder's hand, before then eating blueberries from Ryder's hand.

The boy and the pup smiled to the bear's reaction towards them.

"You must have been really hungry." Chase said to the polar bear.

The polar bear replied with a friendly grunt while looking at Ryder and Chase.

"Do you have a name fella?" Ryder asked the bear.

The bear grunted a bit whether to talk or not. Ryder then noticed a name on the bear's blue collar around it's neck, the name read, Barnacles.

"Barnacles." Ryder read the name on the collar.

Barnacles then let out a low roar, in reply which meant 'yes, my name is Barnacles'.

Meanwhile on Jake's mountain, into the mountain woods...

The octonauts were still sleeping under the pine trees, since last night they spent hours searching for the captain. Dashi, Tweak, and Shellington were the first ones to wake up and were waiting for Peso and Kwazii to wake up, who were sleeping peacefully like a couple.

A couple of minutes later Peso and Kwazii began to slowly wake up, not noticing Dashi, Tweak and shelly were watching them wake up.

"Why you three looking at me like that?" Kwazii tiredly asked the three.

"It's cute how you and Peso make a great couple." Dashi replied with a giggle.

"Wha-!" Both Kwazii and Peso yelped, quickly separating away from each other, and both blushing a bright red.

Tweak and Shelly giggled to their to reactions, as Peso and Kwazii stood up.

"Even of that, we got to find the captain." Kwazii said.

"Aye." The crew agreed at the same time and spread out to look for the Captain.