Intro

I couldn't believe the words I was hearing, and I didn't want to. I never thought you could feel physical pain from a broken heart, but that was exactly what I was feeling. I clenched my fists as I tried to hold back my tears, crying in front of him was the last thing I wanted to do.

'So, you'll be okay right?' Junlin asked nervously.

I didn't want to say anything, but I ended up speaking because I was too emotional. 'Please don't tell me you meant that.'

He sighed, 'I meant it but I don't want you think it's your fault. It's mine. I just have too much going on in my life right now.'

I have heard all the "it's not you, it's me" crap, and I didn't want to hear him say that. I knew there was something about me that made him break up with me, but I didn't know what it was. We had been dating for a year and we had recently celebrated our anniversary, so hearing him say this to me right now was unexpected so that perhaps made it more painful.

'Um...it's fine,' I replied, trying to hold back the tears in my eyes.

He noticed and wanted to put his hand on my shoulder, but I immediately moved away from him.

'Just go,' I said to him. 'I'll be fine.'

'Are you sure?'

Why did he ask that question when he obviously didn't care? I looked at him and nodded.

He could tell I didn't mean it, but he knew there was nothing else he could do. He forced a smile at me before walking away from me slowly, looking back every now and then.

The moment Junlin had disappeared from the hallway, I let the tears roll out of my eyes. I started to cry and it was more than I had expected. I was thankful that it was lunch time, so the halls were almost empty.

Every memory of the two of us replayed in my mind, and I didn't know if I was ever going to be fine again. I know my mom taught me to never cry over a boy, but I couldn't control myself at this point. I was going to be fine, but obviously not now.

Once I had cried for a while, I could hear pairs of footsteps making their way to the hallway. I quickly started to walk away from where I was standing, wiping my tears discretely.

The owners of the footsteps were students I didn't even care enough to know their names, and they walked past me without bating an eye in my direction. I was relieved and decided it was better for me to find somewhere to sit and wait for the next classes before lunch started. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat with how I was feeling.

I wanted to be okay, but I didn't know how long that would take. I was honestly doubting my ability to get better from this, so I realized I needed to get myself some help. 

So, another story is up! I will guarantee you a good dose of drama and mystery in this one.