Chapter 34

'So how's the Roy case going?' I asked my mother sadly on a call that Saturday morning.

'Well they are conducting an investigation, but they say that it's not unusual for a 20 year old to go missing. They say usually it's on purpose.'

'No way.'

'Well that's what they said,' she continued. 'They say he may have had some things going on in his life which he couldn't tell us, and they got too much and he walked away. Did he ever tell you he was sad about something?'

'Well no, and it's obviously not that. The way the phone call ended just showed that something happened. With the death of Cait, I'm now fearing the worst.' I said sadly.

'Don't say that, Roy can't be dead.' my mom reprimanded me.

'Well...we can't be sure at this point.' I answered before I heard a beep of a message on my phone. I usually didn't receive messages this early, so I decided to check it because it must have been important. It was probably from Yaxuan, and he currently needed all the help he could get. 'Hold on mom,'

'Alright,'

I put my mom on hold for the moment while I removed the cellphone from my ear and opened the message. Surprisingly, it was from Flora Daisy. I knew that whatever this was, it couldn't be good. Or maybe it was an apology – wishful thinking.

Flora Daisy: well I guess I'm gonna meet Yaxuan this afternoon and tell him what you're up to J

The message read, I immediately panicked. I was about to respond to her text, telling her not to do it, but the only way she wasn't going to do it was if I "dumped" Yaxuan. I knew Flora Daisy was cold and heartless, and she wouldn't listen to my pleas. And I had never seen her hate anyone as much as she hated Yaxuan.

I decided not to respond, instead, I got back on the cellphone with my mom. 'Mom? Can I ask you something?'

'Sure anything.'

'Well...what would you do if you were sent to do something bad to someone and you were up for it, then you realized it's a bad idea and don't wanna do it anymore, but someone knows and is about to tell that person.' I explained nervously.

'What?' my mom answered in confusion, probably not getting my statement. 'Akira, are you hurting people...?'

'No, never mind. Forget it.'

'I kind of understood what you were saying young lady,' she obviously wasn't pleased with me, but decided to talk anyway. 'It's never a good idea to do something bad to someone...'

'Even if they maybe deserved it?'

'No Akira, vengeance is not the way to go. Anyway, if you don't feel like doing it anymore, that's good. And since someone else wants to tell the person, why don't you just tell the person first? Chances are high that you're going to explain better than someone who doesn't understand everything.'

'Oh I guess,' I sighed. Explaining to Yaxuan about why I became friends with him? But my mom was right. Flora Daisy would probably explain everything maliciously unlike me. I would explain to him about how I had changed my mind about it. But I wondered if this was the right time to tell him.

But I had no time to waste. I had to tell him before the afternoon came.

'Akira, I hope this is the last I hear of this.' my mom taunted me.

'Yeah, yeah,' I sighed.

...

It was now 10 am in the morning. I was already planning to visit Yaxuan since he was a mess, but now I was going not only to check on him, but also to explain to him what I hoped I never had to explain.