Epilogue

Yaxuan and Akira were sitting in a café 2 months later. It was their first date, and Yaxuan was sure that he had emotionally recovered. He gripped paper cup as he looked outside of the window. They had chatted for about an hour, and Yaxuan felt she was a good distraction. She made him laugh, something he had hardly done in the two months.

'Ooh Roy's article is in this newspaper, let's check.' Akira said as she looked at the newspaper which they had found at the table they were sitting on. They had ignored it until they had somewhat taken a break from talking. 'Heartbreak Club: The Secret Society.' Akira read the title of the article.

Yaxuan looked up at her with interest, waiting for her to start reading.

"You may probably think that the Heartbreak Club is a high school club for people who may have had their hearts broken, that's what they'd want you to think. They'd want you to think it's something so innocent and girly that it should be ignored. And I guess it would seem unbelievable if I said that the Heartbreak Club is responsible for the kidnaps of more than a dozen influential boys.

Although the Heartbreak Club's apparent purpose was to take revenge on men, it was mostly a cover up for what was really going on. It may have satisfied the founder's masochism towards men, but the fact that millions of dollars were donated to the so-called club without any suspicion was the main goal.

When we checked the bank statement of Mrs. Song, it was discovered that she made several donations to the Heartbreak Club. While this may initially seem innocent, the club was used a cover up to not arouse suspicion of any shady behavior. The money was received by Heartbreak Club, but Heartbreak Club's bank account was actually controlled by Flora Daisy, the club's president.

And what did Flora Daisy use the money for? It was nothing to do with the club. She used the money to build her empire...buying cabins and employing people to do her dirty job of kidnapping. She chose this path in life to revenge to her formal kidnappers, and also to make boys suffer as much as she did.

Her best friend, Cait, started to suspect that the money was being embezzled and that there was something much more diabolical going on. And when Flora Daisy realized this, she ruthlessly killed her best friend. I can already imagine poor Cait begging for her life, being stabbed by one of the people she probably trusted the most.

And you may wonder why Mrs. Song, the business tycoon, would give all this money to her estranged daughter for her to use in this "business". It was later confirmed that Mrs. Song was involved in this business too. And even though Flora Daisy absolutely hated her mother, she knew that she needed the funds from her. So when Flora Daisy was older, she approached her mother and asked her to join her in this business.

It's strange to imagine that all this terror was created by someone who was barely an adult, but I guess the consequences of childhood trauma cannot be downplayed. It made her sharper, smarter but definitely more dangerous."

'Wow he sure did his research,' Akira concluded once she had finished reading the article and placed the newspaper back on the table. She noticed Yaxuan looking out of the window in thought. She knew his emotions were raging once again inside.

Yaxuan had lost his entire close family. Yes, he had his uncles, aunts and cousins, but they were not very close family. He lost the two people he cared about the most. Every time he remembered it, he felt like crying.

Akira placed her hand on his and patted it. 'Don't worry, I'm here for you Yaxuan, always.'

Even though he was feeling pain inside, he managed to smile. Akira was like that small ray of sunshine in a storm.

THE END