Chapter 43 (END)

The police had arrived in less than one hour, and Yaxuan couldn't feel more relieved. He watched as Flora Daisy, more recently known as Vivi, was cuffed and put in the police car. He somehow regretted not getting to know his sister more, but she belonged behind bars.

His mother was hoisted onto the stretcher to have the bullet removed and stop the bleeding. But he knew after that was done, she would probably be sent to jail. He didn't want that to happen, but it seemed to be the best option.

Yaxuan walked over to the police car and bent beside Flora Daisy's window.

'Go away!' She screamed, a bit less audible to him since the windows were shut. 'I don't want your face to be the last thing I go to jail!'

Yaxuan stood up straight and moved away from the car window, an intense pain emotional pain in his heart. He had finally met Vivi again, but she absolutely hated him. He wondered if it was better for him to believe that Vivi was dead or to know that she was alive and she hated him.

He watched as a cop cuffed Junlin well.

'Wait!' Akira cried as she ran towards Junlin. She had recently been set free from the cuffs that kept her in the cabin. Even though she was initially weak and drained, and would soon go to the hospital for some extra checkups, she seemed to have had a bout of energy once she saw Junlin being taken away.

'Where are you taking him!? He's not bad!' she stood in front of him.

'He's one of the kidnappers,' the cop answered her as if she was daft.

'Oh...right,' Akira lowered her head. 'Junlin...you don't deserve this.'

He forced a chuckle. 'I probably do.'

Akira sighed and hugged him and closed her eyes. 'I know you're not a bad person. I hope they won't give you a large sentence.'

Junlin would have probably hugged her back, but his hands were still cuffed. He merely smiled. 'Thanks Akira.'

Before more could be said, the cops took Junlin away and placed him in the backseat of the car.

Yaxuan walked over to her once Junlin had been placed in the car. 'Sorry about how I reacted over the thing you told me.'

'Oh,' Akira had almost forgotten that they had bad blood the last time they met. She was somewhat relieved that he had forgiven her, seeing as how emotional he was the last time they talked about it.

'You still like Junlin?' he suddenly asked.

'What!? No!' she chuckled. 'He's a...friend...or something like that.'

'Oh I'm relieved.' He put his hand on his heart and laughed.

'Well why!?' Akira asked with surprise. 'Why would you care whether I like Junlin or not.'

'No reason,' he looked forward to the car.

Akira giggled, already knowing why he was relieved. She wasn't some kind of preschooler who couldn't read people's emotions.

'Maybe when all of this is over we could go for a normal date,' Yaxuan said to himself, not knowing that he had spoken too loud.

'I would like that.' Akira decided to respond.

He face palmed. 'Oh geez, I can't believe I said that out loud, but...that will be great.' He said, before dark thoughts started to cloud his mind once again. Thoughts of his mother, thoughts of Vivi, the family business, and whatever family mystery out there which he may not have known about.