Chapter 8

Valentine's POV

So yeah... Nash and I made up. He apologized, and got all exited on how we just got though our first fight, but really if wasn't our first. He and I fought a ton back in highschool. We could've been on the debate team. Our relationship back then was so cute. He was the star quarterback and I was the head cheerleader. I know, stereotype much? But I don't know... I found comfort in our simply stereotyped relationship. Of course he threw it all away when he stood me up at prom. And for what? So he could go to the beach and get drunk with his friends!

The first few weeks it was all I could think about. Waiting in the bleachers like a little puppy, texting him like crazy. Somewhere along the way, I left my sadness and moved onto anger. Every time someone said something about the 'amazing hilarious vine star Nash Grier' I would explode into a rampage and break everything. Needless to say, my mom needed a few new sets of plates.

Finally, I moved on. I got a job as a model and move around from GUESS to VOGUE to Michael Kors and then finally VC. And then he had to come along and ruin it, just like he did over a decade ago. And the worst part? I didn't hate him! Whenever I was with him... I got all bubbly inside like a little teenager! Thank the lord for Alex. If it weren't for her I probably would've forgiven him, and even though I want to, I know I shouldn't.

With all this, all these memories, I still can't understand how he doesn't recognize me. I hadn't changed that much. One of these days he and I are going to have one of those 'past relationships' talks; just to see if he even remember dating teenage me even if he doesn't realize she's me.

I hate having these mixed emotions! I hate him but I love him. I can't stand being with him, but I can't stand not being with him. I want to slap him, but I want to kiss him! Ugh!

And now, thinking about this I kept having flashbacks.

"Hey, babe! Wait up" Nash called after me, jogging over. "Why'd you cancel last night?"

"Nash, you know I love your friends... But... Getting drunk on the beach really isn't my scene"

"Yeah but-"

"Would you go to the mall to shop with me and my friends?"

"I see your point" He laughed, giving me a peck on the lips. "Damn you're perfect. I got to go, I'll call you tonight!" Nash said and jogged back off.