Chapter 13

Two months later...

Valentine's POV

Nash continued to continuously text and call me, begging for forgiveness until, finally, a bit less than a month ago he stopped.

Now, I was on a date with Caleb Michaels. We met at a dinner party, he asked me out, and this was our second date. We were walking through the LA plaza after having lunch and decided to stop for ice cream.

"Do you want some?" He asked, offering me some of his ice cream. "It's pecan chocolate"

I was about to answer, but someone interrupted. "She's deadly allergic to pecans" I turned around, silently wishing it wasn't him, but it was.

"Uh...?" Caleb asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Caleb, will you excuse me for a minute?" I asked, but didn't wait around for the answer. I pulled Nash outside the ice-cream shop. "What are you doing here, Nash?"

"What? I just came for some ice-cream, and potentially saved your life" Nash replied, and I could see the corners of his lips curling up into a smirk, but it soon disappeared as he asked; "Who is he?"

"He is none of your business" I retorted.

"You're on a date. With that posh ass ego?"

"I am on a date, but again it's none of you're business"

"You can't seriously be on a date with him. You deserve so much better then that"

"He's a step up from this guy who ditched me twice and didn't bother to remember his Highschool girlfriend. Again, bye Nash" I said, and spun on my heel and headed back towards the door, but Nash pulled me back and away from the shop's window view, and kissed me. At first, I held back but my body took over and I kissed him back. Finally, my mind regained control and I pulled away.

"Come back to me, Valentine. Please"

"No! No, Nash. I... No! You can't do that! It's not fair!" I protested. "You don't get to be forgiven!"

"I made a stupid mistake, twice. I know I don't deserve to be forgiven, but I love you and I know you still love me, and that trumps the mistakes"

Ugh, hearing his words made my knees wobble. I clenched my jaw. I wanted to forgive him so bad.

"Nash... I have a date waiting for me. Bye" I reluctantly walked back in. "I am so sorry about that, Caleb. He's just... A guy I knew"

Caleb chuckled softly. "I get it, I have annoying ex's too. Do you mind if I try yours?"

I wasn't really listening to whatever Caleb had said, I simply nodded hoping that was an adequate response. For a moment, I was just... Staring off into the ice cream before me, until I realized how weird that was and took a bite out of it. I swallowed the mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it had some other odd taste... I started coughing. At first, I thought it was nothing, but suddenly I found myself gasping for air on the floor.

"Valentine? Valentine? Oh my god... What do I do...?" I heard Caleb say as he stood over me. And then I hear another voice.

"Don't just stand there you moron!" Nash. He must've remembered I always kept an EpiPen in my purse, because I soon found a huge needle thrusting into my thigh. If it weren't because I couldn't breath, I would've screamed. Nash told me to stop panicking, to try and just breath. I felt my throat open up, and the ability to breath came back. "You okay?" Nash asked as he helped me up. I nodded. "Are you stupid?! How could you eat out of her ice cream with YOUR spoon covered in pecans!" He exclaimed.

"I- I am so sorry, I wasn't thinking" Caleb said

"It's fine, Caleb. I'll Uh... Call you. Bye" I said and walked away. Nash helped me out over to the parking lot. "Thanks" I said.

"I saved your life twice, and all I get is a thanks?" He said, smirking slightly. "Anytime, Valentine. Do you need a ride home?" I nodded and he helped me into his car and drove me home.

"You know I don't need you to help me up the walkway, right?" I said, as he helped me to my door and when I walked, he followed.

"I don't mind, and actually you do. You could have another allergic reaction anytime from now to three hours"

"How do you know that...?"

"I read up on the subject, when we were dating. In case it ever happened, I would know what to do instead of standing there like a moron" He replied, as if obvious. "I got rid of every pecan related product in my house... I thought you noticed"

"I didn't... No one has ever done that, so it never occurred to me someone would..." Damn it Nash! You're not making this easier. He smiled at me. Though verbally he said nothing, his eyes were screaming. Screaming that he loves me. I bit my lip. "Since you're obviously not going to leave, do you want something to eat?"

"Nah, thanks. So, it hurt didnt it?" He said. I raised my eyebrow. "The needle" he specified.

"Oh. Little bit, yeah" I replied, laughing softly. "It was a big needle. I never used it before, and I never noticed how huge it was" He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist. My mind told me to pull away, but my body refused to do so, letting him make his way from my shoulder to my neck to my lips. "Nash, stop" I finally said, and he pulled away just slightly. "You can't do this to me. You can't be the amazing guy you are after what you did to me! You abandoned me, twice. And you don't get to be forgiven! It's not fair! You hurt me, Nash"

"I know I hurt you. And I have never regretted anything like I regret having abandoned you eleven years ago. Because if I hadn't done that, we would've continued to date, and I would've married you, because damnit Valentine, I love you like hell. We could've had a perfect life, but I fucked all that up"

I was shocked. I didn't know what to respond.