Chapter 20

Nash's POV

Clearly I didn't sleep at all last night. I had to tell someone, but Valentine made me promise not to say anything until she was sure. I can't just casually continue my life without telling anyone! I kept telling myself it was probably nothing, she's just late. That's all. But what if she really is pregnant? What if I'm really going to be a dad? What am I supposed to do? Obviously we'd get married but-

"Hey" Valentine said, groggily.

"Hi" I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Did you sleep at all?" She asked me

"Of course I did" I lied, rolling off the bed. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"I'm fine, thanks... Are you sure you're okay? It's okay if you're not, Nash. I dropped a huge bomb on you last night"

"I'm fine. I'm better than fine" I assured her. "What about you? I mean, this affects you too"

"Uh... Well, I mean I've always planned on having kids... I was kinda planning on having them while being married, but if I'm pregnant then I'm going to love and care for it, obviously"

Later that day...

"Bro, are you okay? You've been totally out of it the entire morning" Cam said, as I nervously paced the room

"What? Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine" I said, shrugging him off

"Dude, you're clearly not. Is everything alright?"

"Uh... I... Valentine... She's..."

"Valentine's pregnant?!" He exclaimed

"Dude shut up!" I yelled "Yeah... She's not sure but..."

"Congrats, I guess" Cam said, just as confused as me "If she is... Are you guys gonna keep it?"

"Of course we will. But... I just... I didn't see myself having a kid like this, you know? We're not married and I can't even start to think about what my parents will say... They'll kill me if I have a kid outside of marriage"

"Get married then! You two obviously love each other, so why not? Just go elope!"

"Dude! My parents would kill me even more if I eloped! They want a by the book good faith christian marriage."

"Relax man, worry about your parents later. For all you know, you might be a parent now" Cam said, ruffling his hair.

I groaned, slamming myself against the wall. What was I going to do?

Valentine's POV

"Where's that dark red lipstick you have?" Alex called out from my bathroom

"Second drawer on the right, inside my make up purse in the front pocket!" I replied

"Found it! And... What the hell is this?!" She exclaimed, rushing over to me and shoving a pregnancy test in my face

"That's a pregnancy test, Alex" I replied, biting down on my lip

"I know what it is! But what are you doing with it?! Are you pregnant?"

"I... I think so. I can't take it yet"

"That stupid bastard! This is all his fault! I should've never let you get back together with him! What are you going to do if you're pregnant? You won't be able to model for at least a year and a half! And you'll become an old house wife while that son of a bitch is out partying with his bimbos! I'm gonna kill that idiot!" Alex yelled

"Alex, calm down" I said. "I don't even know if I'm actually pregnant! And if I am, and I have to take time off from work, that's what I'll do. And Nash wouldn't go out partying, I know him. Trust me"

"Why are you so calm about this?"

"I don't know... I just am" I shrugged, running my hand through my long hair.

That night...

"One more minute... There!" I said, finalising my makeup. I slipped on tall red pumps and joined the rest out in the hall.

"Are you sure you should be wearing those?" JackG asked me

"Uh... Yeah... I use them all the time..." I replied, confused

We were all heading out to dinner together for our last night in Australia, and everyone was acting strange as hell.

When we arrived at the restaurant Hayes went out of his way to help me out of the car, and held be back until there wasn't a single car on the road before letting me cross. When I ordered a salad, Matt continued to insist I eat something with more protein. And when we were talking about tomorrows flight, Taylor continuously offered to switch flights to a later date.

"Okay, that's it. What's going on? Everyone is acting really weird" I demanded

"Valentine, calm down. Stress isn't good for you" JackJ said

"Dude, it's the hormones. She's just being emotional. Duh" Hayes corrected

"What? What hormones?"

Nash's POV

Damnit. Can they seriously not keep a secret for 24 hours? I mean, I knew they would find out because Cam is a major gossip but I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to be this obvious!

There was an awkward silence that lasted ten minutes until Valentine finally spoke.

"They know" She said to me, crossing her arms across her chest. "Who'd you tell?!"

I bit my lip. "Cam... But, in my defence, you told Alex!"

"What?? No..."

"She's been cursing at me all night" I said, and once again there was an awkward silence, this time broken by Shawn.

"Anyway... Uh... Congrats!" He said, grinning

"We're not sure yet, but thank you Shawn" She said, smiling softly.

The conversation resumed, and through the commotion I felt a phone buzzing in my pocket. I slipped it out to check, but I realized it was Valentine's phone, she had given it to me earlier because she forgot to bring a purse. I was about to hand it to her when my eyes accidentally read the texts.

CARTER: CONGRATS TO YOU AND

CARTER: NASH?

CARTER: ...?

CARTER: OR...

My jaw clenched, and I slammed the phone onto the table. The table's conversation immediately quieted down.

"Nash, what's wrong?" Valentine asked me. I bluntly handed her the phone. She read the text and pulled my ear to her lips. "I cannot believe you'd even consider that, Nash" She whispered. "Nash, baby, I didn't do it with Carter. I swear" The way she spoke... So calmly, it was weird. I was sure she'd get pissed, but ever since she told me about the possibility of being pregnant... She seemed more calm...