Chapter 22

Nash's POV

"Valentine! Open the damn door!" I yelled out for the millionth time

"Give up, Nash. She isn't going to open the door. Unless you plan on knocking the door down, there's no way you're getting in" Alex said, rolling her eyes at me.

I took a few steps back and charged towards the door, knocking it onto the floor. I didn't bother to wait around to hear Alex yelling at me for breaking her $800 door, instead I barged into the room to see Valentine walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

"You know, I would've opened the door" She remarked "I'm not five years old, Nash"

"I... Uh..." I stuttered

"Are you gonna say anything or can I go get dressed?" Valentine asked, running her hands through her wet hair. "Is there a reason you threw my door down? Or is that a new hobby?"

"I... I thought about what you said, and I love you and I don't care where we get married as long as we do" I told her

She smiled, laughing softly. "You were right, Nash. I can't ask you to pick between your religion and me. We'll get married in your church, I already spoke to Father Richard. Have anything planned on June 20th?"

"I do now" I laughed softly. "Thank you"

"Anytime, Nash" Valentine replied, wrapping her arms around my neck as she kissed me, letting her towel drop to the floor. I picked her up, her legs wrapping around my waist. "Wait... the door..."

I propped her back down on the floor, immediately rushing over to the empty door space and picked the door up and set it down against the frame and rushed back over to Valentine resuming our lustrous position.

...

"We should fight more often" She giggled, rolling off me. I laughed. "Round two?"

"I wish, babe. But I gotta go, I have a ton of meetings today" I said, sitting up.

"Cancel the meeting, stay here with me" Valentine said, running her hand across my abs. "Call in sick or tell them you're too busy scoring a hot Victoria's Secret lingerie model"

I chuckled. "I can't babe. Either I go to these meetings this week or I'll have to go next week. And if I go to them next week then we'd have to cancel the wedding planning week"

"Fiiiiine" She sighed, putting a loose shirt on and then tied my tie for me. "God you look so sexy" She whispered into my ear.

"So do you, babe. I'll call you after I'm done and we can go get some dinner"

"Kay" Valentine nodded, opening the other door that was still hinged to the frame.

I headed off to my office in North LA, heading into a dreaded day of boring meetings. When people ask me what my job is, I usually just tell them not to worry about it. I started as a youtuber in high school, then moved on to actual acting, and then I worked my way up to COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Netflix.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Grier" My assistant, Beth, said falling into step behind me. "You have a meeting now, in conference room B" She said, handing me a folder with a few files.

"Thank you, Beth. Forward all my messages to my phone" I said, sitting down in conference room B.

5 consecutive meetings became eternal for me, until my phone started buzzing. As the meeting went on with some stupid powerpoint about I don't even know what, my phone buzzed.

Babe: How's the meeting?

Babe: I'm so bored

Babe: It's so hot in my room...

Babe: IMAGE

I bit down on my jaw.

Babe: Bet you wish you weren't in a meeting

Me: Totally

I clenched my jaw tighter, running my hands through my hair.

"Is everything okay, Mr. Grier?" someone asked me

"What? Yes, everything's fine" I said, sitting up straight. "Please, continue with the presentation" I said with a peachy smile, which was fake as hell.

After, finally, this boring day of meetings was over and I headed to pick up Valentine and we headed over back to my place for some... relaxing.